• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, by the way, I am accusing some people of causing damage to an airplane in order to have a write up. There's no way to prove it, but that doesn't matter. Only those people know the truth and that's all that counts.

There might be some breaking airplanes, and that is just plain wrong, and should be delt with, But Just go out on the line and look at the Freight haulers on the line. One can easily find things that the Feds can see if you are ramped. I have never intentionally broken an airplane, no need for that, again there are plenty of "real" write-ups to go around.

5. Hydraulic lines that go into the pressure switches below the reservoir (mx might try to get you to leave a rag in there for the next flight to check for drips. this is unsafe and illegal) don't even reach in to wipe them (I can't reach them anyway and I have slender long arms) *ahh yes, the switches. Have you ever seen one leak (and I mean fluid flow out, not seep) enough to cause a dangerous condition? Can you prove it? These thing leak on all Beechjets and everyone knows it, that's why they are on a mx program to inspect these and other things on a regular basis. Some people don't understand that all airplanes leak something.

Skanza this is the most ubsurd statement I've ever seen. Hyd fluid is a corrosive. It does damage to the plane in both the mist form and liquid form. I didn't realize you were a mechanic that can tell me what is a dangerous situation versus a safe situation. Also I've never seen in any turbojet manual that there is "normal seepage or leaking" of hyd fluid acceptable.

Everyone knows it? Can you point out the AD that is issued by the manufacturer that says that the FAA, manufacturer and mx techs are all signing off on this?

Typical BS from someone that doesn't understand the accident chain. Good luck to you. I'd love for you to tell me that there is normal leakage on all airplanes.

PS before you bring it up the GIV RR engines leak like it lost a seal when in fact the manufactures manual and mx manual points out the seals only seal when they are warmed up so there is normal oil drippage.

PS before you bring it up the GIV RR engines leak like it lost a seal when in fact the manufactures manual and mx manual points out the seals only seal when they are warmed up so there is normal oil drippage.

If a Spey or a Tay isn't leaking oil on the ground, there's none in the engine. :eek: :D

Ain't that the friggin truth.

If you're covered with oil you are either flying a radial or a spey/Tay. :)

Ok people. All technical, airworthy, (and spelling) issues aside, nobody has addressed what may main point is, and has been:
Using micro-detailed preflights to break airplanes in the name of union labor negotiations.
Please answer, and don't say it doesn't happen, it does. And don't start talking about Safety, flying legal, and all that sh!t, its just a diversion.
Just address the use of write ups to slow the operation as a scare tactic towards mgnt.

Ok people. All technical, airworthy, (and spelling) issues aside, nobody has addressed what may main point is, and has been:
Using micro-detailed preflights to break airplanes in the name of union labor negotiations.
Please answer, and don't say it doesn't happen, it does. And don't start talking about Safety, flying legal, and all that sh!t, its just a diversion.
Just address the use of write ups to slow the operation as a scare tactic towards mgnt.

if its broken then its broken....there is no abiguity at all on that. That list is not a leverage tool at all, as much as management idiots like you want it to be. It is a list of things that need to be checked. PERIOD.

Skanza,

This isn't a gray area. I'll write this in caps for you.

IF IT'S BROKE, IT'S BROKE.

Don't do anything illegal for or against the company.

I agree, if it's broke, it's broke.
But can you explain why this list was formed and promoted by obvious union supporters with strong undertones of using it for leverage? And why is the list full of things that are either grounding, or will require mx attention that will undoubtebly delay the operation. Why not include things that can easily be MEL'd by the crew and tracked if you're so worried about making these airplanes like new again?
There have been posts here that have even included words like "that will show 'em" and "game on" that clearly show that these people are going to fine-tooth-comb every airplane they're assigned to "in the name of safety", or (and I'm not kidding) carry a write up to 3T6 or somewhere no mx is available. Kinda hypocritical when you talk about not carrying write ups, huh? This cannot be disputed, it happens and you know who you are and what you are.

Skanka,

when you have money worries its good to sometimes get you mind off your problems. You know, focus on something else for a while ....

It might as well be something constructive that enhances your aviation skills ... like how to do a better prefilight.

Focusing on your professional job skills tends to have the nice side effect of eventually reaping better compensation.

A Win-Win scenario.

But can you explain why this list was formed and promoted by obvious union supporters with strong undertones of using it for leverage?

its not.....you don't understand.

when you preflight an airplane and something is not right, then it's the PIC's responsibilty to write it up. You should know that being this far in your career.

I explain one more time. Broke airplanes have nothing to do with a "union" action. If it's broke then it's broke, thats it.

Now move on.

Latest resources

Back