• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you make statements like this with a BJ type rating on your card, otherwise, you are more of a waste of bytes than you have been so far.

They have a guy still working there that was when I worked there six years ago. He tried to make me fly a Hawker I knew was not airworthy. I made a stand against an item he insisted could be flown with. I did it with NO union implications, since it hadn't even become more than an idea 2 of 200 had at the time.

Because they have so many iterations of airplanes, they operate with the MMEL for each type, instead of individual versions for each a/c. Consequently, it was used by management to fly airplanes that were broken and thereby putting people in danger. The item he tried to force me to go with later left a pilot with no flight instruments, other than the peanut gyro. I"ve heard he moved into another program that he didn't even have a type rating for and tried similar trash. And all this from a guy who proported to have an abundance of safety training and experience.

By the way, I have significant training in aviation safety, and what you stand for doesn't make muster in aviation safety program management.

These guys aren't lying about conditions, but you continue to back these unsafe management actions, all under the guise of "bad union". I truly hope you end up having to eat all this drivel you post, and following that, I hope you find yourself out of aviation. There are too many like you in it, and it stinks for those of us trying to make a living in it. And making it to retirement with all of our hair intact seem like an impossible dream.

Judge Bertelsman called it fraud when he issued the very well known injunction against ALPA for the excessive writeups and broken airplanes that caused disruptions to daily schedules. That was the first time a carrier ever took the union to task on the subject and it set a precedent.

http://www.airlinesafety.com/articles/ComairInjunction.htm

It's not about safety, because if the CBA was signed tomorrow, both you and I know the excessive writeups would vanish overnight.

It's an unauthorized union action that in reality, makes it even less safe because it pushes schedules back and induces mistakes. Human factors, SMS and CRM, (both cockpit and maintainence) go out the window when schedules get pushed. Call it what you want, it's a stupid and unprofessional behavior that only exists during union negotiations.

Judge Bertelsman called it fraud when he issued the very well known injunction against ALPA for the excessive writeups and broken airplanes that caused disruptions to daily schedules. That was the first time a carrier ever took the union to task on the subject and it set a precedent.

http://www.airlinesafety.com/articles/ComairInjunction.htm

It's not about safety, because if the CBA was signed tomorrow, both you and I know the excessive writeups would vanish overnight.

It's an unauthorized union action that in reality, makes it even less safe because it pushes schedules back and induces mistakes. Human factors, SMS and CRM, (both cockpit and maintainence) go out the window when schedules get pushed. Call it what you want, it's a stupid and unprofessional behavior that only exists during union negotiations.

Yup...im sure that judge had a lot more experience than the flight crews on what is normal.

just keep fishing don.....lol

pathetic

B19, it couldn't possibly be the advancing years of the airplanes that's contributing to the additional writeups?

Our Beechjets are broken constantly, and we're not in contract negotiations. How do you explain that? Could it be that they're just the unreliable pieces of crap we all know them to be, and the Options guys simply aren't risking their lives (and their owners' lives) flying broken planes anymore?

I had an Excel the other day that had a few drops of engine oil where there weren't supposed to be any. "Just a few drops" turned into an engine change when it was investigated.

flops wants you to fly it..

You can count on Skanza and B19 to see the nefarious union in action. The truth is every avaition manager will put out a memo to all pilots stating that you will without fail write up every discrepancy where and when it occurs. That is apparently a facade for the FAA. In actual practice you find a discrepancy and the maintenence controller is trying to talk you out of writing it up or question your judgement on the MEL or MDL or MEF or ferry flight, et al. Then if you balk the PSM and then the PM and then the Chief Pilot is on the horn telling you how wrong you are and so forth. So you can call it what you will, but management clearly wants us to be professionals and do the job they pay us to do. Namely, ensure that all trips we conduct are done with the utmost attention to detail. I guess where you fly or the way you fly you cut corners to get er done.

Well podner, heres what you do when they pressure you to fly it. Ask them to send a fax stating the problem (make sure they do state it correctly) and have them sign their name to it, date it, stating its ok to fly, and you are authorized to ferry, position or do a trip with the exisiting condition contrary to the FOM...........

Last edited:
I had an Excel the other day that had a few drops of engine oil where there weren't supposed to be any. "Just a few drops" turned into an engine change when it was investigated.

ha b19 just got served!!

im glad no matter what ill be the PIC if he's on board.

"something coming out of someplace it's not supposed to."

I got that one from my 6 year old. See he gets it.

What's your definition?

How do you know where something is supposed to and not supposed to come out?

I can wipe a rag on a strut anytime and find fluid. It that a seepage or leak? Is it defined in the AFM?

It's funny how you feel that writing up discrepancies now is important and the pilot group ignored all the small things before.

Just think, if the pilot group had done their job all along, instead of only during negotiations, maybe the airplanes would be in better condition. I guess it would be a consideration of being a professional pilot to do their job all the time, instead of only when the money is on the line.

Just think, if the pilot group had done their job all along, instead of only during negotiations, maybe the airplanes would be in better condition

And there you have it, The catch 22 only from dumb F__k management. Damed if you do and damed if you don't.

Latest resources

Back