• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Union Busting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My prediction is between 65-75%. In the past 2 rotations, I have found ONE pilot that will not vote for the union - and I've probably spoken personally to maybe 30.

Luckily, we only need 409 votes to win this thing, actually less, because we will be losing quite a few pilots between now and the vote.

XPGuy said:
My prediction is between 65-75%. In the past 2 rotations, I have found ONE pilot that will not vote for the union - and I've probably spoken personally to maybe 30.

Luckily, we only need 409 votes to win this thing, actually less, because we will be losing quite a few pilots between now and the vote.

The initial vote will be north of 75% IMHO. Those will be your hardcore guys who get it. There will likely be a 10-15% margin voting "with the crowd" on future issues. The remaining percentage is made up of the ones who are braindead.

Let me just say as an Options pilot for over 2 years, they need a union. I don't know if the Teamsters are the answer, but they definitely need some representation. I recently left Options, but want to see things work out for the guys/gals there. It comes down to a simple question, do you think Options management can be trusted and/or cares about your future? Now each person can answer that for themselves. But I think we all know the answer. My only question to the guys who don't support representation is, what are you thinking?

If the idiots at FLOPs would just spend the money they are wasting on "union busting" on a few programs to keep their workers (specifically the pilot group) happy they could save millions just with the increased productivity alone. No one gives a s**t anymore. If there isnt a increase in percieved QOL soon nothing will turn things around. The union is the last, best hope that FLOPs has to get things back on track. :angryfire

Ok boys & girls. As a resident of North Texas, A$$ licker suckered you in. Publisher is none better.

Pub: Even if "Mother" does sell us, we will still go with a BINDING CONTRACT and we will have protection. The buyers will have to honor that contract, so they will know what they are getting. We know we wil be protected by any other shysters out there like Ford & Harrison.

Now before you trip a breaker, I know that works with a Teamster represented company and it's merger clauses. However consider this, 1108 is not your normal local. It is for Fractional or Condo Jet operations only. That is why we are throwing in with them. Like for Like. Get it?

We will never get a QOL "raise." Shawn has seen the light that if we keep beeting down the pilots they will keep taking it. May I remind you of the Tiear 3 pilots we lost, and the tiear 2 that they want to close down also. I can remember back when I overheard the Presients of both RTA & FO saying "I could run this place better without those damn pilots!" Oh really? Remember before the merger KR told a RTA pilot by the name of Bobby Sides that "He will be the best Union Steward that we could ever expect to have." Yea, and look at what that has brought us too. Not I'm not saying it was all KR's fault, but with "Mother" in control you will only be able to do what she says, and that means makeing working conditions the worst in teh country, including Wal-Mart.

Don't get me started on waste, mismanagement, lies, violations of the FAR's, lack of support from CGF, etc.

So I say VOTE 1108!

A landslide wouldn't be surprising at all. Once discontent reaches a high enough level to prompt a group of pilots to step up and lead the group, you can figure there's enough support out there to make their efforts worth the time involved. Given the amount of days that frac pilots spend away from home, they tend to be very selective in the causes they donate their limited time to. Options pilots have had long enough to decide there must be a better way of solving their problems than leaving all the decisions up to management. Active participation in your career seems to be a natural choice for pilots.

Best of luck!
NJW

I had the opportunity to meet quite a few FLOP's guys this week. Everyone of them were more than enthusiastic about voting Local 1108 onto the property. These guys weren't just being polite, they were very strong willed and had very strong opinions concerning the furture of their Company and their careers.

The NetJets folks and FLOP's folks are very much alike.......I wish all those at FLOP's people the best in securing the types of futures you all deserve.

DO-82 driver said:
The NetJets folks and FLOP's folks are very much alike.......I wish all those at FLOP's people the best in securing the types of futures you all deserve.

Really NJA crews and Flops's crew are very much alike..... In the regard that we are both pilots, yes. Other then that...... Well I would say there is big difference between us.

RNObased said:
Really NJA crews and Flops's crew are very much alike..... In the regard that we are both pilots, yes. Other then that...... Well I would say there is big difference between us.

What, in your opinion, are the differences between Flops and NJA crews? I'm just curious as to what your reasoning is.

Latest resources

Back