FLOPS Union Busting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sniff, Sniff

This thread is a textbook example of how the Union busting trolls do their work on this web site. Notice Jetsi began this thread with a nice factual post which, if it were not for the interventions of Texas, might have led to an informative discussion of the issues, specifically Union busting. But Texas, or more specifically Ford&Harrison don't want us to have a relevant discussion about the issues, they want us to fight among ourselves. See how easy it was for Texas to derail this thread with a simple insult. It would be nice if we could all avoid this trap. Don't take the bait these troll's dangle, just ignore them so we can prevent them from derailing future posts.

I think by now we all know who the Union busting trolls are, who have been assigned to work against the Flight Options Union drive. Don't return fire, just ignore. Or if you must return fire do it in an educational way.

Flight Options may well go for a union..... what might be of more concern is Raytheon even wanting to keep Options going or will they dump it as quick as they can....what effect will the unionization have on the sale? ??? the possiblilities are endless.
My question is will Raytheon, a manufacturer really want to be in a business that to be competitive in they might have to have other manufacturer's aircraft and associated liability.

Publishers,your post makes no sense. It's already pretty well known throughout the industry that Raytheon does not want to be in the fractional business anymore. This has been discussed quite thoroughly in previous threads, so if you don't believe me just search the threads for yourself. But like all the other fractional providers, they have contracts with their clients, and are continuing to sell more, so it's unlikely they would just shut it down.
As for operating other manufacturers aircraft, they already do. So what's the problem? There isn't any additional liability for doing that than any of the other fractionals face. Oops, well maybe NJA is the only other one that operates multiple types from differing manufacturers, but it hasn't seemed to cause them any problems.

The real question is, will the pilots be better off with or without a union if FLOPS is sold. The union has certainly proved its value at NJA, but ultimately it's up to the pilots at FLOPS to decide if they really need one or not. I'm not pushing the union one way or the other for those guys. It's their decision, and as I don't have a vote there, it doesn't concern me. And it really doesn't concern you either Publishers.

I agree with Baja and Torch and the rest...

As a resident of Texas I'd just like to say that the Texas Ass-licker is in no way representative of the great people and pilots I know from Texas.

We need a total of around 416 votes to "win" the election which takes place I believe March 2, 2006. I went through our seniority list today, and could personally confirm over 100 names that will be voting for it, and only about 15 that would be voting no. I find it extremely hard to believe that out of the other 700 pilots, that 300 of them won't be voting for it. This vote will be a landslide.

Semore Butts said:
As a resident of Texas I'd just like to say that the Texas Ass-licker is in no way representative of the great people and pilots I know from Texas.

I second that! Or third or wherever I am line for the many that think this kid is an embarrassment to TX.

Semore:

Semore Butts said:

May I remind you of a quote you made here: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=875882&postcount=16
Semore Butts said:
You are right on Muth&^%&*%&!!!!!!

These ^*^(%$&%^ers need to lighten up!!!!

I don't personally attack anyone verbally, (that I recall anyway, except that one low life muth^*&^(*&^ ahole)

When you post an opinion in a public forum you should be expecting an alternate point of view. (I'm sure I'll get one here)

As I recall the most often used explative on a cockpit recorder is $hit!

I do think we should be tolerant of each other. It is very difficult sometimes to actually get the intent of you message across with the "lack of inflection)" that comes with typed conversation.

I don't mind foul language, I don't like it directed at people though, unless the y are my buds, (you know "hey %&% you man", ", no 435$%^%$ you man"!!!!!

But hey Fu^&*kin "A"! I'm on vacation and drinking beer.

HAHAHAHAHA, I'm talking to my wife and we agree, don't let your "Bullshoot filter " get clogged!!!!

Take a chill, don't get excited. There are people dying for your freedom to bitch, whine and complain about whatever.

I served my time, and I'm headed back again, so hurting you feelings here are not really high on my priority list.

If the language is to strong, go to the Sesame street board, by the same token, if you have to cuss someone to get your point across, then you should probably beef up your original point.

Holey &^*^&^$%^$#^%$#@, this has to be my all time best incoherent ramble!!!!!!

Take care, Semore

I do not appreciate the verbal assault. However, here in the fantasy world of Flightinfo.com, it is to be expected.

Good day.

Moderator Input

OK boys...less flame, more debate. If this thread spins outta control we'll have to close it, and that would be a shame.

XPGuy said:
This vote will be a landslide.

I can't necessarily agree with you regarding a landslide. I have spoken with many people that want no part of a Union. Based on my discussions, I'm estimating 55-65% yes votes - not a landslide by any means, IMO.....but enough to accomplish the desired end result.

I hope I'm wrong, and you're right....but I don't think that will be the case.

Unfortunately, I have to say that length of time with the company and original company seem to play a major role in these decisions. I've heard references to a "feeling of loyalty" to the company by several people...which I don't understand.

Latest resources

Back