FLOPS Union Busting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point, Hawkered!

I couldn't agree more! Publishers, there can be no question that in the fractional industry unions are experiencing an all time high in the level of interest from pilots. As that should be the focus of this forum, Hawkered's post was right on target. He is absolutely correct in saying that the interest is there because of problems pilots have encountered with management. Any workforce that seeks representation does so because their needs are not being met, and the workers have realized that their best chance to be heard and dealt with fairly is found in collective bargaining and standing together, rather than going it alone, when interacting with management. For one who likes to preach the laws of supply and demand, you fail to recognize that those same principals apply to unions. They are only in existence where a demand for their service is required.

I would make the point that had Netjets ever been formed as a fractional, it is less likely that they would even have a union. The example above even puts ABX as an example when it has absolutely no bearing on the fractional business.
EJA became a union company more from its early realtionship with the railroad than anything to do with today.
On the bigger picture, unions have taken it on the chin and continue to lose membership and take it on the chin. Not my opinion, any kind of research should point that out.
As talked about on the other threads, it remains to be seen how many of these companies in the pure fractional business can survive. Netjets finally achieving a contract is little proof of much other than it took them forever.

publisher- someone who talks but never really accomplished.

Publishers said:
unions have taken it on the chin and continue to lose membership and take it on the chin.

Pilot Unions are unlike any other. We are white collared professionals who typically are conservative. Yes, while unions in general are on the down, you're about to witness the growing trend in fractionals and aviation in general.

:beer:

Dream

BrnJetFuel said:
Pilot Unions are unlike any other. We are white collared professionals who typically are conservative. Yes, while unions in general are on the down, you're about to witness the growing trend in fractionals and aviation in general.

:beer:

Dream on BJ.

1108 certainly IS the beginning of a new union trend in the fractional industry. It is a brand new local composed only of NJ pilots who had previously been sharing representation with other transportation workers. The pilots of other frac companies have shown interest in joining 1108. When that happens (and the process is already under way) BJF's prediction, and 1108's stated goal, will become a reality.

VISIONARY LEADERS ARE THOSE NOT AFRAID TO DREAM

A THOUGHT OUT PLAN TURNS THAT DREAM INTO A GOAL

HARD WORK THEN TRANSFORMS THE GOAL INTO REALITY

Watching it all happen,
Netjetwife

Not to hijack this thread gang, but...

Texasskicker,

I read your report to me regarding an offending post and I was quite ready to deal with it in an impartial manner- if it needed to be.

What I find is (for rightly or wrongly) mixing it up- and then insulting another moderator. Not that we should have any special treatment per se, but it seems counterproductive for someone who has remained here because of tolerance of the moderators, to insult one.

So since we are "jackasses" and you seem to have all the answers to everything and nobody else knows anything and if they dare disagree with you they will get attacked, I'm going to help you out. Which way did you come in?

Go. Get the hell out and stay out. We don't want you here. Clear enough?

UAL78

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posts

As one who has had an unwanted "run-in" with the ass from Texas, my thanks to the moderators who volunteer their time keeping the peace and maintaining a level of decency that allows for open debate of the issues. I agreed with the other Texans who felt he was an embarrassment to the Lone Star state. Attacking those who serve the board was not just stupid; it was spiteful. I applaud you for standing up for yourself, UAL78.
NJW

Latest resources

Back