• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flops cx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow! That is simply asstounding!! I don't know much,... but even if the shattered pane was the outer one that provides no structural significance that's bad enough, however, if it was the inner pane which I believe I remember is the primary load carrying member...that is really asking for a new hairdo, facial and colon cleansing all at once!! There are always two sides to every story and it would be great to get the flight crews raw data on this, but any way you flip it, based on the information in here... it still sounds pretty messed up!

Going by Flightaware they were above FL350 with pax onboard.... so unless one crewmember was wearing an oxygen mask, secured and sealed, which I highly doubt, the crew had already violated the FAR's long before the B screen shattered

Well, this is FLOPS, i'd like to agree with skumza but I can't.

Why not? Were you on the flight? Do you know the crew?
Come on, give some credit here, I know you hate FO, but that doesn't mean they would fly passengers on an aircraft with a broken window - really.

OOPS! I was thinking EIFIS..EFIS....em....one of those electric tv screens.
But that makes it a step up on the serious scale.

Does anybody have a copy of the Flops MEL on that?
If it is MELable, is it a "M" or "O" procedure sign off?

Might want to get the facts before you start flaming someone. The CX can be flown with a cracked B screen to a maint base per the AFM.

No pax were on board. There are some real a$$holes on here.

I believe this discussion is over slowtation capt. It doesn't look like there's an issue with this flight.
Goodnight :)

The CX can be flown with a cracked B screen to a maint base per the AFM.

True. Its a maintenance item that is in the limitations section. Never figured out why its there. Maintenance in the X is like any other jet aircraft. If something is broken, the plane is grounded unless the it can be deferred by the MEL or some other FAA approved procedure. Why does a maintenance item need to be in the limitations of the AFM?!

FWIW the limitation only applies to the outer layer. Does the flight crew make that call?

Last edited:
Might want to get the facts before you start flaming someone. The CX can be flown with a cracked B screen to a maint base per the AFM.

Your information is accurate, thank you for posting factual information rather then conjecture. I heard that the jet was moved to PBI without documentation of a 501 or a ferry permit. I know a 501 is required , is a ferry permit required or can the jet be operated a some altitude with out one?

Including You!

A$$HOLES?

Yes, there were pax on board.

Yes, I do have first hand knowledge.

A$$HOLES?

Yes, there were pax on board.

Yes, I do have first hand knowledge.

Well you really are a stupid A$$hole BigMan.

There were NO pax on either leg in or out of Povo. Not sure where your firsthand knowledge is but it sucks.

I know and have talked with one of the crew and confirmed NO PAX.

Latest resources

Back