Flight Opts pilot arrested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jehtplane said:
Because that is how you get off ASA planes. On the ramp and up through a stairwell. And it's a SIDA area.

I know, done this many times... I was referring to the article that stated that this particular are was only accessable to airport employees. I can't imagine how you could "get the deed done" in the normal areas where passengers disembark.

Like I said, just speculating. Really don't care. As far as I'm concerned he should be jailed just for being stupid...

guido411 said:
Have you sent in your card? I would bet that you and the last guy that thought this comment was so unbelievably hilarious have not sent your cards in.

I for one think this comment is NOT funny and is one of the main reasons we fail so get the unity we need to organize. Too many people that haven't been affected by the changes at FLOPs are just happy to see all the senior guys leave so "my number goes up."

Well what will you guys say when they come after YOUR domicile or YOUR pay or YOUR quality of life? Hope your number has gone up enough to make you happy when the $hit hits the fan. But hey, at least you'll see the ship sink with double-digit seniority.

I think most people figured out my seniority remark was sarcastic. Too bad you didn't.

I think everyone is getting a little ahead of themselves here. This guy's name will never see the "No Fly" list. How many Jones, Williams, Smiths, Andersons, Murrays, ect have you seen on the "no fly" list? That list is Arab for the most part. Felons for the most part are allowed to fly all they want. Is Martha Stewart allowed to fly? The "No Fly" list is for people deemed to be a possible threat to aviation and/or national security, not typical felons. THink about it.
I also think FLOPS will help him with a lawyer if it comes to that. Since he was essentially "at work", Flops would share some of the liability if he was found guilty and she sued them, which will probably happen if he is found guilty. I just cant seem to figure out how he got from the gate to this stairwell forcing her to go with him. Also, what the FAA will do is anyone's guess, but to assume part 91 operators do not conduct indepth background checks is not accurate. 91 operators, though not required, typically conduct background checks well beyond the scope of any 135 background check. I can't imagine GE, Starbucks, Home Depot, ect would let anyone even close to one of their cockpits without going through all the hoops, including psychological evaluations.

batsky2000 said:
He is screwed, from what I heard is that options already took him off of their list of pilots, he is fired from what I was told, and in terms of guilty, if he is, he will have a felony record for life, that will prevent him from ever getting a security badge or passing a background check, he could even end up on the do not fly list, but that would be worse case, but at the least, he will never be able to pass a background check which will prevent him from working for a 135/121 operator, I guess if he gets to keep his license, he can get a 91 job since they don't require those kinds of checks, but I am not sure if a felony for rape will keep you from losing your license?

Last edited:
I know many pilots who work for part 91 operators who never had a background check done on them not even a drug test which is also not required, but most of them came with excellent credentials anyways

I guess that when the victim was asked how she knew he was a pilot she was quoted as saying: "Because I had to help him."

HawkerF/O said:
I just cant seem to figure out how he got from the gate to this stairwell forcing her to go with him..

See my previous post. Airplane-ramp-stairwell-concourse. Follow the order?

jaxpilot said:
Hard to do the deed when other passengers and crew are coming in and out of the stairwell.

If you have ever seen the stairwell area's and how ASA boards and deplane's , you might understand.It happened!

Maybe someone caught them in the act, and she claimed coercion in a knee-jerk reaction to save herself from public humiliation, as well as with her family (he forced me to do it!). The assault claim just doesn't pass the smell test with me. A 39-year old man having sex with a 16 year old is creepy enough in my book, but the question is did she look older (I've known 14 year-olds who could easily pass for 20), and did she tell him her age? Regardless, if he got caught having consensual relations in a public place while in uniform and on company time, even with a mature adult, he deserves to be fired. Criminal charges are another matter.

leardawg said:
Maybe someone caught them in the act, and she claimed coercion in a knee-jerk reaction to save herself from public humiliation, as well as with her family (he forced me to do it!). The assault claim just doesn't pass the smell test with me. A 39-year old man having sex with a 16 year old is creepy enough in my book, but the question is did she look older (I've known 14 year-olds who could easily pass for 20), and did she tell him her age? Regardless, if he got caught having consensual relations in a public place while in uniform and on company time, even with a mature adult, he deserves to be fired. Criminal charges are another matter.

I think you are missing the point, so if she looked twenty that is OK?? He took advantage of some teenage girl that he would never have to see again. I would suffice to say that this is probably not the first time this has happened with him. Innocent until proven guilty , yes. Does the victim deserve less, oh but she looked 20 or she was wearing provocative clothing, what does that have to do with anything, he is scum plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back