• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Opts pilot arrested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No matter the outcome, I thinks it's safe to say his professional pilot days are over with reputable company's.

jehtplane said:
I think you are missing the point, so if she looked twenty that is OK?? He took advantage of some teenage girl that he would never have to see again. I would suffice to say that this is probably not the first time this has happened with him. Innocent until proven guilty , yes. Does the victim deserve less, oh but she looked 20 or she was wearing provocative clothing, what does that have to do with anything, he is scum plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're missing MY point, that there are many possibilities of what actually happened. Maybe he did take advantage of the girl. I'm just throwing out possible alternative scenarios. You are ready to try and execute him based on media reports and hearsay. The post at the beginning of this thread shows the press saying he was a "freelance pilot". I don't know what that means, and certainly being with Flight Options doesn't make him freelance in any way. This is a small but significant example of how initial press reports are issued by people who really don't know what they are talking about. What 2 consenting adults do together is between them, but they should expect to take responsibility for any consequences of their behavior. A 20 year-old is a consenting adult in any court of law. If 2 adults decide to screw each other in a semi-private location, that's their business. We may frown upon it or be disgusted by their behavior, but it happens all the time. If they get caught, they may be arrested for lewd behavior or indecent exposure, and look forward to a fine. How many of us can say that offered the prospect of sex with a Britney Spears look-alike, we wouldn't take the bait in a moment of weakness? If anything, this incident serves as a cautionary tale of what could happen to anyone in a similar situation.( he probably should have asked to see her ID before nailing her.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate of adultery or public indecency. I know I would have walked away from any such temptation because I am a happily married man and would not cheat on my wife. If this girl was coerced into sex, he deserves to fry, regardless of her age. However, none of us know what really happened. To call him scum because of what you have decided actually happened, based on this thread or whatever else is out there, is pretty piss-poor in my opinion. If he turns out to be guilty as charged, than I will stand corrected. But what if he is actually innocent? Are you willing to even consider that possibility?

leardawg said:
How many of us can say that offered the prospect of sex with a Britney Spears look-alike, we wouldn't take the bait in a moment of weakness?

I know I would have walked away from any such temptation because I am a happily married man and would not cheat on my wife.

OK, What am I missing?

I feel the need to add a caveat to my previous post, lest anyone get the misconception I am in any way excusing sex with 16 year olds. It is possible that this girl looked older than her age, and that it nevered dawned on him she might be too young. That in itself does not make it her fault in any way. It does not absolve him from the responsibility of his actions. Statutory rape is statutory rape, even if she initiated the affair or was a willing participant. It does make a difference, though (in my opinion) as to wether he is a criminal predator vs. an idiot for not being more careful.

miles otoole said:
OK, What am I missing?

I'm just saying I know a lot of guys who would and have, single and married.

leardog,
i think many see your point but dont agree.
I cannot think of any scenario that this behavior is ok.

If she had all her clothes off, walked naked and at the last moment said "No." It is rape.

He is glad it wasn't my daughter.

39 year old man having casual sex between flights with young girls. (legal or not) He is a scumbag. or as you say- an idiot.

FAcFriend said:
leardog,
i think many see your point but dont agree.
I cannot think of any scenario that this behavior is ok.

If she had all her clothes off, walked naked and at the last moment said "No." It is rape.

He is glad it wasn't my daughter.

39 year old man having casual sex between flights with young girls. (legal or not) He is a scumbag. or as you say- an idiot.

I'm not trying to defend his actions, but rather offer up some possible explanations. I agree with your assessment if the sex did actually occur. Regardless of the circumstances, that WOULD make him a scumbag in MY opinion. I have 2 daughters, and if it were one of mine, I'd cut his b*lls off, regardless of the circumstances.There are plenty of scumbags out and about, but not all of them are in jail. I just think we need not rush to judgement until all the facts are in, and consider all the possible scenarios. The point is differentiating between scumbag vs. criminal behavior.

At the risk of sounding like Columbo: "Oh, and one more thing!".

My main point is that if he did have sex with the girl, he should suffer the consequences. Period. Fire him, brand him with a scarlet letter, send him to jail if the courts decide so. There is still, however. the possibility that nothing ever happened, and he is being accused for some sick reason. Probably not, but you never know. May true justice prevail. My last post, and I'll go to bed now.

Last edited:
I don't agree that he did this on company time, if he had a long layover in ATL, like 2 hours, how is that 2 hours the company's? would the company us him in some capacity? I remember working at options, and there were a few times that they switched flights on me but that only happened at the gate when I checked in, I never turned my cell on while I traveled to work, less chance for them to get a hold of me and pull that kind of crap, but while I was waiting, I would find things to do, heck, if I was lucky enough to get lucky, then that would be great, but I would have used some common sense, something this guy forgot to use

jehtplane said:
If you have ever seen the stairwell area's and how ASA boards and deplane's , you might understand.It happened!

I've seen it many times and go up and down those stairwells frequently, but I still don't see how he could have raped a girl in one of those stairwells. There's people going up and down those stairs continually.

Latest resources

Back