• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight options new pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just hate the year 4 and 5 provisions. I would be all over voting yes if this was only a 3 year contract. Right now i'm 60/40

30.2 [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]This Agreement shall become effective [date of ratification], 2010 and shall continue in force and effect until three years after [date of ratification], 2013 and shall renew itself without change thereafter, unless written notice by either party of intended change is served in accordance with Section 6, Title II, of the Railway Labor Act as amended no more than one hundred 180 days prior to three years after [date of ratification], 2013 or any time thereafter. [/FONT][/FONT]TA 02/03/10

I take that to mean, if the Union doesn't want it to continue, then they can put in their notice of wanting to discontinue the contract and not extend the 4th and 5th year options.

If you are a MIGS, we have a forum to discuss this, talk to our union leader and hash our concerns. Here, we are just washing our laundry in plain sight of the company. We are still in negotions, one way or the other. WE fought so hard to get to this point!!!
THINK ABOUT IT! Let's silence these threads at least until we vote?

Hey Capt, do you think that management has a copy of the contract? I do!!!:) As far as management knowing that there are a lot of pilots that are having second thoughts about this TA it's a good thing. Not many hard questions are being asked on the unoin board because thoughtful decent is not tolotated on the board.

30.2 [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]This Agreement shall become effective [date of ratification], 2010 and shall continue in force and effect until three years after [date of ratification], 2013 and shall renew itself without change thereafter, unless written notice by either party of intended change is served in accordance with Section 6, Title II, of the Railway Labor Act as amended no more than one hundred 180 days prior to three years after [date of ratification], 2013 or any time thereafter. [/FONT][/FONT]TA 02/03/10

I take that to mean, if the Union doesn't want it to continue, then they can put in their notice of wanting to discontinue the contract and not extend the 4th and 5th year options.

The rest of the story

30.3 The Company may exercise a unilateral option to extend the Agreement by 12 months by providing the Union written notice on or before the 185th day prior to three years after [date of ratification], 2013. If the Company exercises the option referred to in this subsection 30.3, the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect until four years after [date of ratification], 2014 and shall renew itself without change thereafter, unless written notice by either party of intended change is served in accordance with Section 6, Title II, of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, no more than 180 days prior to four years after [date of ratification], 2014 or any time thereafter, subject to subsection 30.4.
TA 02/03/10

30.3(a) If the Company exercises the unilateral option set forth in subsection 30.3, then effective [first day of the fourth year of contract], 2013, the rates of pay in the salary tables set forth in subsection 27.1 shall be increased by three percent and the New Equipment Formula set forth in 27.1(g) shall be adjusted accordingly. TA 02/03/10

30.4 If the Company exercises the unilateral option referred to in subsection 30.3, the Company may exercise a unilateral option to extend the Agreement by 12 months by providing the Union written notice on or before the 185th day prior to four years after [date of ratification], 2014. If the Company exercises the option referred to in this subsection 30.4, the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect five years after [date of ratification], 2015 and shall renew itself without change thereafter, unless written notice by either party of intended change is served in accordance with Section 6, Title II, of the Railway Labor Act as amended no more than 180 days prior to five years after [date of ratification], 2015 or any time thereafter. TA 02/03/10

30.4(a) If the Company exercises the unilateral option set forth in subsection 30.4, then effective [first day of fifth year of contract], 2014, the rates of pay in the salary tables set forth in subsection 27.1 as adjusted by pursuant to subsection 30.3(a) shall be increased by an additional three percent, the New Equipment Formula set forth in 27.1(g) adjusted accordingly and the number of pilots eligible to bid and be awarded the 7&7 schedules increased to 25 percent, subject to subsection 19.3(a)(1). TA 02/03/10

If you are a MIGS, we have a forum to discuss this, talk to our union leader and hash our concerns. Here, we are just washing our laundry in plain sight of the company. We are still in negotions, one way or the other. WE fought so hard to get to this point!!!
THINK ABOUT IT! Let's silence these threads at least until we vote?

Pure BS that the union can't understand they cannot control $hit. Even Migs get banned if they dont agree with the union position. Someone said "cowardly bastards". Work rule changes are absolutely uneffective in avoiding abuse of crewmembers. Back to "Will Fly for Food".

Fracjack, you're just an idiot. At this point, the union alone controls whether this TA gets passed or not. We MIGS are the union. The eboard is but a few individuals and they have only one vote each. While they may be tired of negotiating, buy into managements BS, and think that they have a good TA, we are free to disagree with them. They are there to represent what the dues paying MIGS want... when the vote happens, they'll know. We all appreciate their effort, but the fact remains that a lot of us are unhappy with the TA as written, for various reasons. We have every right to voice those opinions and debate the issues here or elsewhere, and will continue to do so.

Fracjack, you're just an idiot. At this point, the union alone controls whether this TA gets passed or not. We MIGS are the union. The eboard is but a few individuals and they have only one vote each. While they may be tired of negotiating, buy into managements BS, and think that they have a good TA, we are free to disagree with them. They are there to represent what the dues paying MIGS want... when the vote happens, they'll know. We all appreciate their effort, but the fact remains that a lot of us are unhappy with the TA as written, for various reasons. We have every right to voice those opinions and debate the issues here or elsewhere, and will continue to do so.

"They"? Thought you migs are the union? Oh, and I agree that anyone who works for flops can voice opinions anywhere. If this is the best the executive board can do then I feel real sorry for that. Keep those dues coming in. EB is out of touch with not only the workforce but the migs.
Not gonna be a winner here. Tell me how many times u flew ot, wrote up lightbulbs in bf,looked for every possible excuse to ground airplanes, anything to retaliate aginst the company and ended up shooting yourself in the foot by losing owners. Why is no one using that nice little preflight checklist anymore?The company did it's share also. Happy future job hunting brainiac.

Migs

One MIGS to another......AMEN:beer:

"They"? Thought you migs are the union?...

Read my post again. "They" was a reference to the eboard you idiot.

...Tell me how many times u flew ot, wrote up lightbulbs in bf,looked for every possible excuse to ground airplanes, anything to retaliate aginst the company and ended up shooting yourself in the foot by losing owners.

Never did that, never needed to. These airplanes break often enough on their own. Of course, I never did them any favors and carried write ups like they want either.

...Why is no one using that nice little preflight checklist anymore?

What they heck are you talking about???

The company did it's share also. Happy future job hunting brainiac.

Hopefully management will see the light, because we'll all be job hunting when this thing explodes in their face.

I can live with the meager work rule improvements because they will provide a little better QOL. I need to see more money on the table!

Pure BS that the union can't understand they cannot control $hit. Even Migs get banned if they dont agree with the union position. Someone said "cowardly bastards". Work rule changes are absolutely uneffective in avoiding abuse of crewmembers. Back to "Will Fly for Food".

Oh, hi there Skippey. First you openly support the in-house movement on here and now this? You are going to be real popular when you come back off furlough.

If you are going to try and exploit an issue at least make it one that you didn't invent out of thin air.

Latest resources

Back