• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight options new pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those of us who are furloughed. When and if we are ever recalled, what pay will we return to? Will we return to the year pay we were furloughed in plus 10%? Or do we accrue seniority we regard to pay as well? The union should post a numerical pay scale of each year of service for everyone to view. Just saying a 10% raise with regard to base salary does not sell me.

Whatever the primary annual salary table says for your years in service (flying). So if you were collecting year 5 SIC pay when furloughed you will collect year 5 pay on the primary annual salary table - $55,081.10 for an 8&7 schedule.

GSD,

I don't agree. I think the large percent raises you see may not apply to anyone because those people are on furlough now....

This is mainly to show people if 1108 is raising the bar for the industry or just for the pilots currently on the seniority list.

AS a pilot who has worked at a airline with no contract, I voted for a sub-standard contract just for the peace of mind. It was great to not have to worry about getting fired for calling in sick or tired or anything else they could think of. I felt it was work for less or maybe not work at all. I also had a family. It's a very personal decision I think about often.

Really? Do those “INDUSTRY STANDARD” wages come with Scope protections? ... How about duty and rest rules? Do you get overtime for getting home late? Will your company compensate you with an additional day off if they screw you on your go-home day? Do you get overtime if they get you up too early on your first day of work? Can your company violate your rest and call you at all hours of the night and on your days off the let you know you have trips? Is your seniority protected in a legally enforceable document? If you are furloughed, can you expect furlough pay or recall rights? How many crew bases can you choose from? If you take a leave of absence will your job, let alone your seniority and longevity be guaranteed upon your return? How many schedule types do you have to choose from and can your management change them? Do you get a company credit card to use for meals while on the road, so you can pocket all of your per-diem? Can your company change your health insurance benefits at their sole discretion?

Last and most importantly, if you cross that ever invisible line while at work, can you be disciplined or terminated without just cause? Do you have the right to representation in the event of discipline? Will a System Board sit to hear your appeal when they discharge you? How long is your contract good for?

Easy for you to say, “Keep up the good fight” when you slunk away “2 ½ years ago” to avoid that fight.

Spoken like someone on the negotiating committee clinging to their jobs. I didn't "slunk" away from anything, I ran like hell because I saw what was happening. You can take shots at me all you like but I have many friends left there at FLOPS and I want what is best for them - not to settle for less than they are worth. Oh and for the record, when I was at FLOPS I was a LARGE part of the card organization drive and a big union supporter and also a P2P member. So take all the shots at me you want, from the sounds of it you're only interested in you (likely clinging to your negotiation committee position) and not the best interests of your fellow pilots. Not sure what it was I said that angered you so badly. I simply stated to vote with your heads and not your hearts and I stand by it. Best of luck to all the pilots at FLOPS (even you, whoever you are)...

The new sic pay scale is a joke!
You can see where they are going to come with this extra 10% from, they are going to take it from the fo's.

Yr Old New
8 63156 61069
9 66366 63206
10 69846 65419
11 73500 67708

What a F!@#ing Joke!!!

GSD,

I don't agree. I think the large percent raises you see may not apply to anyone because those people are on furlough now....

Well, you're probably right. Like I said, I'm not sure what it means. Can't decide if it would be worse to have a crappy contract or none at all. I feel for the FLOPS guys.

No, I think it's the other way around...The senior guys get the better deal. The more junior guys (the biggest union supporters) get hosed with the pay scale.

I think Sky has it correct, the senior guys in the bigger A/C will still get crappy pay compared to the competition, but not near as badly as the BJ drivers at the bottom of the list who are the highest percentage of MIGS. I'll be surprised if this passes.

This is the formula that dictates what we will be paid if any in addition to the 3% COL bump we will get. Can one of you math guy please decipher this and give us some examples of what the company has to do before we will get anything else if the company starts to fly more.

CR=(FO*FOhrs+FF*FFhrs+JP*JPhrs)/SUM(FOhrs,FFhrs,JPhrs)+(MF*(FOhrs+FFhrs))/SUM(FOhrs,FFhrs,JPhrs)

Well, you're probably right. Like I said, I'm not sure what it means. Can't decide if it would be worse to have a crappy contract or none at all. I feel for the FLOPS guys.

This won't happen. Management needs this contract as much as we do. without it and with the possibility of a possible job action hanging over them it makes sales and growth very hard.

If we vote no, this TA will be taken back to the table and management will come up with more.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back