Flight Express question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hurting for pilots?

Everyone is hurting for pilots. I think from what I know about FE only the best 500 tt pilots will be accepted to join the line.

Wow! A Flight Express thread!

I didn't even know anyone talked about Flight Express on Flight Info, never mind anyone even having heard of them.........

Man, times have changed. Up to 43K a year now? Wow! I used to fly for Flight Express many, many moons ago back in '94. I used to fly out of OPF on run 407 (does it still exist?) OPF-FLL Executive-Lantana-ORL-MCO-ORL-TPA-OPF every night starting around 7:30pm until 7am the next day. About a 12 hr. day, 5 1/2 days on, and I think I made a total of $19,000/year on that route. I thought I was rolling in the dough :) And all the Cessna 210 guys would be absolutely cursing the Baron driver "lifers" to get their multi-time and get the hell out so we could get our multi-time and leave for a commuter. I remember the Baron "lifers" back then had about 2 years of seniority and we used to beg them to leave.

How is it to work there now? I remember it was a tough job, but the planes were in good shape and the maintenance was good.

Last edited:
Are they hiring with just 500tt and Ifr135 night and instrument mins....or do they require you to have at least 1100tt like their website says?

Last edited:
ualdriver said:
How is it to work there now? I remember it was a tough job, but the planes were in good shape and the maintenance was good.

Much the same, except the pay is better, I think, even adjusted for inflation. I'm a day into "airline" training, and I already miss it.

Much the same, except the pay is better, I think, even adjusted for inflation. I'm a day into "airline" training, and I already miss it.
I've been out of that Part 135 stuff for a while now, but I look back and miss some aspects of that flying as well. It was probably the most "fun" I had flying professionally so far. Flight Express was pretty good to me, except for the low pay, of course

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back