Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lazy8

Registered Parrot Head
How many flight hours are you guys building per month? I know it depends on your line and I'm just interested to see how little or much you can expect.

Thank you!

Grove

The shortest run I have seen in the company logs about 1.7 per day. The longest a run can be scheduled is for 8.0 hours per day. The longest one I have seen scheduled is about 6.7. Under 135 regs you cant go over 1400 per year. 5 days in a work week 52 weeks in a year you do the math.

In my experience (I've done maybe 9 different runs at least once in my year and a half here), MOST runs wind up being somewhere around 3-5 hours flight time, regardless of duty time. Of course there are exceptions.

I saw that post for the 500TT VFR with flight express....is that still possible? Any idea what FTY is looking like these days? Last I read(from boris i believe) was the run was something like FTY-HXD-SAV-FTY?!?!?

I see you guys at PDK a lot it seems also with the 210...heard the other day some local CFI was looking around and just happened to sit in the airplane without permission from the flight exp pilot....the next day signs were posted stating "authorized personnel only"....:rolleyes:

PDK a run also?

If you tell me what base your interested in i can give you a better idea of what the runs would be like

I have friends in Orlando and Tampa so it would be nice to get one of those two.

By the way, I applied with the online application form tonight. I tried it twice and it just takes me to a blank page when I submit my info. Is that normal or should I just fax it in?

Thanks

Grove

In my experience (I've done maybe 9 different runs at least once in my year and a half here), MOST runs wind up being somewhere around 3-5 hours flight time, regardless of duty time. Of course there are exceptions.

I know this is asked about every other month, but how's transition time to the Baron currently looking?

Orlando and Tampa each have a bunch of runs so you should be able to find something your looking for. Tampa's all start in the afernoon and finish somewhere between early evening and late night-into the next morning depending on the run. If you get one of those bases if your looking for a run with more flight or duty time you should be able to transition to one after building about a month or two's worth of seniority. It is also possible to get the one you are looking for right out of class. With your application try just e-mailing Gary a resume and if he doesnt call you back in a day or two PM me and I'll take care of it. The guy who starts training in the Baron this week has been with the company since jan 06. If a bunch of pilots come on the line in the near future (which is expected because of the minimums dropping to VFR) I could see Baron time dropping significantly for a few people. After it drops in my opinion it will go back up once everyone is upgraded and all the Baron runs that are now open are filled. In a year from now its anybody's guess.

Not sure about FTY I'll find out tomorrow for you.

Baron took me 15 months because I was holding out for a particular base (and run). I could have held Nashville after about 12. As jim points out, this should come down pretty rapidly as the VFR guys come on board, then eventually go back up. I imagine they'd require an IFR checkride to drive the Baron, so it could work out well for a higher time guy who started now.

jim: Is Lloyd finally upgrading?

PS. We have an online application? Fancy. Just call Gary "Pythons" Hillyer and he'll take care of you. I'm gonna miss that guy. 1800OPSKORL ext. 610 or 613

Latest resources

Back