• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know, this program is happening. The only question is who flies the planes. Grroups are putting their names in. Some are dropping out. Others are in fluid membership situations. And we still don't know a lot of detail about this. We probably won't know much more when the initial announcement is made. There'll be an open enrollment period so we may find out there are several teams ready for pull the trigger or just 2 or three. There's a lot I don't know.

What I do know is that it's hard to take anyone seriously who's most cogent thought is " so you think you at special", or " blah, blah, blah, shiny jet, blah". Better run before someone knifes me in the back.

It's like dealing with children.

Like it did with the 75?

No one put in for it and BAM, it is flown as a regular airplane.

There is no way that this program will last. For it to work EVERY 350 would have to be a dedicated crew. Do you foresee that happening?

When it falls apart do you want to be remembered for this?

I have always enjoyed flying with you, but as it has already been said, you are on the wrong side this time. I know you have always been a big Union promoter here. Hey, you are entitled to your opinion. This goes so against everything you have ever stood for.

So KR is making up all of these small dedicated aircraft crews who will be running there own aircraft.

I can see how it is a plus for him since he will be able to see which crews are operating their aircraft most efficiently and which crew might need some encouragement to work overtime, maybe longer duty days doing part 91 repo's after 14 hours of part 135 flying etc....

He will be able to look at all 20 aircraft and rank them from best to worst.

What happens to the crews if their aircraft comes up last on the list? Are they allowed to return back to the Lear's or are they sent packing?

It might just become the "Hunger Games" pilot edition.....

I never thought I would say this, but here goes...

The stock nazis in the 45 have taken their positions as dedicated crews on the 350s.They will bend over backwards to make this new program work. In the end they will be successful and we'll all be forced into dedicated crews. KR will love them because they brought his vision of dedicated crews to fruition. He'll look at them as People who can carry out his plans and call them his innovators. In reality they're your typical suck up! theyvhave screwed us!

The days of seniority based pay, upgrades, and schedules will be destroyed because of them. Instead, you will be judged soley on your performance and willingness to go above and beyond anything we do now. In aviation that can be dangerous.

I guess it's time to make a decision. Either you join the dedicated crew, suck it up and say goodbye to a nice job. Flexjet

Next,
anybody have any ideas?

Since you don't consider yourself a stock nazi then I assume you're probably one of the guys that we have go behind and fix stuff, is that a fair assessment? None of us are bending over backwards for anyone except for our own selves. We're the ones taking the heat. Do you even realize that there are FLOPs groups forming as we speak to come over and do the dedicated crew? If anything, we should band together 8-9 crews to prevent this. Btw, nine aircraft are slated to be dedicated. Would you rather Flexjet pilots do it or FLOPs guys? Either way, it's happening. Instead of running here and calling us names how about picking up the phone and calling. You obviously know me and know that I'm approachable.

WHAT the F makes you think any of this is EASY?

And don't try to use your right seat time for sympathy, no one cares. Everyone has a hard luck story, you're not special. This is a tough industry that is very unforgiving. It's a shame that everyone isn't #1 on the seniority list but it doesn't work that way.

And since you don't seem to be able to see past the shiny new jet, let me remind you that just as soon as you knife someone in the back to get your seat, you better start looking over you shoulder because sure as s**t some new hire off the street will be there to do it to you. Once this gets started, there's no going back.

This post is a good one, too. Not only do you label us a backstabber and assign a disease to us (Shiny Jet Syndrome), there's a threat in there also.

As far as the SNJ syndrome. I know it hits a nerve with you, but if the shoe fits... C'mon Yammer man...the worst part is you know what you're doing is wrong but yet you continue to stay on the same path. I'm sorry, but it says a lot about you.

Shiny Jet Syndrome was a tactic used by the regionals to get guys to fly bigger airplanes for less money. I know you know that based on where you came from. All us regional guys were offered up that bait. That simply isn't the case here as the pay was pointed out on Yammer.

Like it did with the 75?

No one put in for it and BAM, it is flown as a regular airplane.

There is no way that this program will last. For it to work EVERY 350 would have to be a dedicated crew. Do you foresee that happening?

When it falls apart do you want to be remembered for this?

I have always enjoyed flying with you, but as it has already been said, you are on the wrong side this time. I know you have always been a big Union promoter here. Hey, you are entitled to your opinion. This goes so against everything you have ever stood for.

The dedicated 75's went away because there wasn't any projected profit in them. Straight from Rick.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

I recently heard the dedicated 350s will not be on the 135 cert and will be operated 91k only. The "red label" airplanes will be shares only, no cards, to make them more exclusive and maybe keep the resale value higher.

The hybrid aircraft were different in that the planes were exclusive to one owner who purchased a whole aircraft and FJ essentially managed it. These 350s will have multiple owners even if it's a special premium product and as such should be operated as regular fleet aircraft. If they decide to put FO pilots or even new hires in these planes they will practically be begging for a union vote that will most likely pass. If KR hates unions as much as we think he does he will have to see this and back off.

V1, justify all you want but you know what you are doing is wrong. You state that resistance is futile; do you really believe that or does it just conveniently fit into your agenda and argument? Your true motives are crystal clear.

Last edited:
V1, justify all you want but you know what you are doing is wrong. You state that resistance is futile; do you really believe that or does it just conveniently fit into your agenda and argument? Your true motives and self-centerdness are crystal clear.

I never stated that that I'm aware and I have no agenda. I play by the rules set forth, do my job and go home. Maybe I'm not who you think I am on here but either way we'll just have to disagree, I suppose. I'm not getting into a pissing match over it any more. If I could prevent the FLOPs guys from coming over and retaining their pay, I would. I/we can try and stop them from doing the dedicated crew by forming our own groups to prevent them from doing it because it's going to happen one way or another. The debate is over.

This is clearly going to be another successful attempt to divide and conquer another pilot group. It's obviously every man for himself!

I have a feeling you hope this dedicated crew thing makes it, as it allows you to justify your actions. Otherwise you would be onboard with showing, that as a group, we reject this program.

That wasn't the word as of yesterday.

Yesterdays word can (and will) change at the whim of management when you don't have a legally binding contract. The FLOPs pilots have seen it happen and you are only beginning to experience it at Flex. You can think whatever you want, but there is only one way to stop that kind of BS, and that is to organize and have a collective bargaining agreement that prevents it.

Latest resources

Back