• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you want to destroy your own seniority list then?

It's not destroying the seniority list when it's a separate program like the hybrids were. The four most junior pilots at the time could've interviewed and received those positions. I've never once heard anyone complain about that. Here, we're looking at outside pilots coming in and going straight to Challenger CA pay. And lets be real, just because they transfer over doesn't make them Flexjet pilots. They're FLOPs pilots whether they retain their seniority number there or not. Part of me would love to just sit back and watch the FLOPs guys come over and do the dedicated crew and then I could say "I told you so" as we stand on the ramp and watch them taxi out in a 350 while I climb back into my cold, non APU Lear.

As of today, every team except one, has withdrawn from this program. Great job those of you who made the right decision. You last five need to get on the right side of this.

And we also need you Flight Options pilots to show us what it means to be union. You want us to join you, show us that you aren't just a bunch of backstabbing opportunists.

It's not destroying the seniority list when it's a separate program like the hybrids were. The four most junior pilots at the time could've interviewed and received those positions. I've never once heard anyone complain about that. Here, we're looking at outside pilots coming in and going straight to Challenger CA pay. And lets be real, just because they transfer over doesn't make them Flexjet pilots. They're FLOPs pilots whether they retain their seniority number there or not. Part of me would love to just sit back and watch the FLOPs guys come over and do the dedicated crew and then I could say "I told you so" as we stand on the ramp and watch them taxi out in a 350 while I climb back into my cold, non APU Lear.

A separate program, really? It's as separate as KR can make it in order to divide this group. If it is separate then why be an employee of flex, why have a flex seniority #.
It can be run like a "hybrid" using the seniority list from the top down. It wouldn't run any different if the first 5 guys on the list are assigned to "X"N# as opposed to a select group of 5 different seniority #'s being assigned to that tail.

And we also need you Flight Options pilots to show us what it means to be union. You want us to join you, show us that you aren't just a bunch of backstabbing opportunists.
We are all ready showing you, just look at the amount of people and who those people are that have come to flex as of now. The list of people grouping together for a team is also surprisingly expected based off of who they are.

doh, that is a very high standard. In case you haven't figured it out, there are members IN the union that are backstabbers. They do not represent the vast majority OF the union members at FO. Most members just want to make the best of the situation for everybody.

A separate program, really? It's as separate as KR can make it in order to divide this group. If it is separate then why be an employee of flex, why have a flex seniority #.
It can be run like a "hybrid" using the seniority list from the top down. It wouldn't run any different if the first 5 guys on the list are assigned to "X"N# as opposed to a select group of 5 different seniority #'s being assigned to that tail.

That was mentioned. But what if the top five don't want to fly together? Then what? It all may dismantle anyway and then we can get back to fighting over the 1108.

The hybrid program was different. Don't use that program as another justification for your decision. The hybrid program was wholly owned aircraft that required crews to move so it couldn't be forced on people. Two completely different situations. We are still waiting on the dedicated program info. If it ends up paying less will you still voluntarily do the same job for less money than a fleet captain?

Seeing Flex has a group of pilots who are only out for themselves those FO pilots that went over to your side of the house are no different, they too are only out for themselves.

They do not represent the FO pilots or the 1108. As a matter of fact they were discouraged from going over by both the 1108 and other FO pilots.

The question should be are those Flex and FO pilots who are going to take the dedicated crew positions just opportunists out for themselves or are they tools being used by KR to divide both pilot groups.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back