Flexjet Response to NJA new offer:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will it pass?? lmao. More money and bases. DUH

Its going to be a lot closer than you think.

NJW would have you think its just money and bases. I guess to some narrow minded thinkers it is.

To some it involves a bigger picture.

Why is it that Flexjet is the only fractional that needs to advertise for pilots on climbto350 all the time. This is a red flag in my opinion, I never see any of the other fracs advertising, especially Netjets.

Netjets had ads for FOs on climbto350 every couple of weeks in 2005 until the TA passed.

Every active member of the board should be allowed to state their opinion for his/her self. Speaking for another person is very poor form. (hint, hint) The IBB proposal is full of information and should be read and re-read from cover to cover.

SCOPE is a very important issue, and general consensus is that NJI will be merged with NJA without going to court. Clearly a plus. The job security provided by the 85% language makes a strong case for voting yes. Most people like having options, thus 3 schedules is better than 1. The PTO system allows pilots to plan ahead for paid time off, as well as sell days back at 110% of their daily rate. In the CBA excess days just disappear off the record with no gain at all. An end to stacking will open up more special positions and the new training rules are better for the pilots. Who wouldn't want retreat rights, just in case things didn't work out? I have already posted about the positive impact passage of the IBB proposal will have on the labor-management relationship. Actually, I've mentioned most of the above previously, but some here are better at posting than reading...:rolleyes:

All the above not withstanding, most pilots must work for the money and for them/their families potential pay raises are a big deal. Typically, the less money one has the easier it is to identify with those at the bottom of the list. My family is much closer to the financial situation of an FO family than my critic is. Families (especially with children) that are dependent on the NJ pilot's income will naturally be more concerned with the pay scale. Needless to say, the closer they are to the bottom, the more focused they must be on the wages.

Hundreds of NJ pilots are "narrow minded". They are looking for a way to keep a roof over their heads, put food on their tables, and fill up the gas tank to make that commute. Luckily 1108's leadership and many of their fellow pilots have sympathy for their situation and believe that every professional pilot (no matter how junior) deserves a livable wage.

What do you call every trade publication with a Netjets on it? What about the super bowl last year? While this is not directly advertising "come work for Netjets", do you honestly think that pilots looking for work don't see that? This is getting the word out in every means possible for advertising.

Netjets up until a couple of months ago advertised the the AirInc job fairs right along side with Flexjet. They both were in IAD when INDY air went under, again, side by side. We are under a major hiring spree. This is due to both attrition and growth. The 300 is selling so well that we cant get enough guys through initial to get all of them flying. This is a good and bad problem for us to have.

Why is it that Flexjet is the only fractional that needs to advertise for pilots on climbto350 all the time. This is a red flag in my opinion, I never see any of the other fracs advertising, especially Netjets.

I could post what Diesel would have you think ...:p

But that would be presumptuous and rude ...;)

My thanks to those who engage in respectful debate, and to the self-defined "lurkers" who PM their support.

Regards,
NJW

Every active member of the board should be allowed to state their opinion for his/her self. Speaking for another person is very poor form. (hint, hint) The IBB proposal is full of information and should be read and re-read from cover to cover.

SCOPE is a very important issue, and general consensus is that NJI will be merged with NJA without going to court. Clearly a plus. The job security provided by the 85% language makes a strong case for voting yes. Most people like having options, thus 3 schedules is better than 1. The PTO system allows pilots to plan ahead for paid time off, as well as sell days back at 110% of their daily rate. In the CBA excess days just disappear off the record with no gain at all. An end to stacking will open up more special positions and the new training rules are better for the pilots. Who wouldn't want retreat rights, just in case things didn't work out? I have already posted about the positive impact passage of the IBB proposal will have on the labor-management relationship. Actually, I've mentioned most of the above previously, but some here are better at posting than reading...:rolleyes:

All the above not withstanding, most pilots must work for the money and for them/their families potential pay raises are a big deal. Typically, the less money one has the easier it is to identify with those at the bottom of the list. My family is much closer to the financial situation of an FO family than my critic is. Families (especially with children) that are dependent on the NJ pilot's income will naturally be more concerned with the pay scale. Needless to say, the closer they are to the bottom, the more focused they must be on the wages.

Hundreds of NJ pilots are "narrow minded". They are looking for a way to keep a roof over their heads, put food on their tables, and fill up the gas tank to make that commute. Luckily 1108's leadership and many of their fellow pilots have sympathy for their situation and believe that every professional pilot (no matter how junior) deserves a livable wage.

A minor correction: We currently have 2 schedules.

Love ya NJW!;)

"This is due to both attrition and growth. The 300 is selling so well that we cant get enough guys through initial to get all of them flying."

Thanks...when I left their almost 18 months ago they had 425 pilots. Not sure where all the growth is. Plus 5 pilots...sounds like mostly attrition.

Latest resources

Back