Flexjet Response to NJA new offer:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

doylehargraves

Let's here some guesses on what Management at Flexjet will say to the following pay proposals at NJ! (Other than, "Don't worry about what NJ is doing.")

Funny, a 1 year FO on a 15 day(28 days less work than Flex), will make more than a 3rd year captain at Flex. I hope Flex will step up to the plate since we just had our best year ever.

Quick summary.
7n7
1st year Capt/FO 87500/56875
5 year Capt/FO 100408/68276
10 year Capt/FO 119254/81081

15 day scedule
1 year Capt/FO 96250/62563
5 year Capt/FO 110449/75105
10 year Capt/FO 131179/84189

18 day scedule
1 year Capt/FO 106444/64188
5 year Capt/FO 122147/83060
10 year Capt/FO 145072/98635

Last edited:
yeah, that is a HUGE difference in pay. not only will we not get any new hires, but a lot of new people will bail out for there.

add in the difference in benefits, QOL, bases.... wow.

And there's more...

Don't forget the one time signing bonus of $150 per month on property....:D I do hope that the new pay scale (if ratified) will help raise the bar at the other fracs. Just look how far the NJA pilots have come since they stood up for themselves. IBB represents the respect the Union has earned and it reflects what can be accomplished by working together. Best of Luck to those at the table and those turning in cards or mulling over the decision. NJW

"A rising tide lifts all boats."
~President John F. Kennedy
Remarks in Pueblo, Colorado, August 17, 1962

The bottom line here is that the challenger scale at Flexjet should be the Lear scale and the challenger scale should be bumped up. I honestly think management will give us a raise come February, as they did last time; however, it will come in the form of less work days and a little bit of a raise. We will still work more days and make less than NJ; flexjet will always tag along, they will never rise above.

My guess based on history: Flex mgmt could say, "Don't let the door hit you in the tailpipe on the way out..." However, that would be a terrible short-term strategy if that happens.

I would expect a bunch of Flex pilots to apply immediately and some will depart. I would imagine XOJet will likely pick up departing Flexjet and Flight Options pilots too after announcing their recent big orders of Xs and CL300s and their competitive wages/fixed schedule.

Flex and CS will have to do something or risk losing out on hiring/retaining the future "quality" pilots their owners expect. The rising tide should lift all boats - or at least that is the theory...

Last edited:
The real question is what will options management do??? This is the final death blow for options....

wow... I'm getting close to upgrade, but even after reaching captain pay, I can switch over to NJ and make about the same. Plus, I'll be able to live where I want.

tempting....very very tempting.... I hope Flexjet comes out with something soon. we need better pay, 1 more day off a BP, and at least 10 gateways.

Latest resources

Back