Flexjet Response to NJA new offer:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

CS has more bases, BUT, the require you to live within X miles of one of the bases. I can't work at CS because of their system.

I CAN work at Flex, but the closest base is really far away.

Options-no way!

NetJets looks awesome IF the IBB is approved.

Good luck to you!

cliff
ABQ

Also, understand that there is no duty time limitation under unscheduled 135, only a preceding rest requirement of 10 hours in the previous 24 hours. When you start thinking in terms of "preceding rest", it makes it easier to understand what qualifies and what does not.

The ibt1108 Flex website has a grand total of 50 something members with an all time high of 13 members viewing at one time.

Think again. There are over 140 members now.

And to all of you peeps talking about contact from the company during rest; yes, it says they can contact us once after 8 hours. THERE IS NOTHING IN OUR FOM THAT SAYS WE HAVE TO ANSWER!

I do like the reference to CS. Flexjet guys should be asking for similar terms that CS has because we are the same size etc....
Hey Flexjet guys: look at the daily O/T rate of CS.

Last edited:
Hi!

CS has more bases, BUT, the require you to live within X miles of one of the bases. I can't work at CS because of their system.

I CAN work at Flex, but the closest base is really far away.

Options-no way!

NetJets looks awesome IF the IBB is approved.

Good luck to you!

cliff
ABQ

Good man, wait till the contract

Think again. There are over 140 members now.

And to all of you peeps talking about contact from the company during rest; yes, it says they can contact us once after 8 hours. THERE IS NOTHING IN OUR FOM THAT SAYS WE HAVE TO ANSWER!

I do like the reference to CS. Flexjet guys should be asking for similar terms that CS has because we are the same size etc....
Hey Flexjet guys: look at the daily O/T rate of CS.

You're correct. 50 something threads with 140ish members. Still about 80 short of what is needed to do anything. I'd rather just see mgt. do the right thing without the union, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Of course it's more efficient that way. It may also be illegal. "Prospective Rest." Look it up.

Lot's of companies do this and I'm not defending it. It's the way of the world right now and just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's illegal.

We all know the reg states the "company may not assign and no crew member may accept an assignment that will not allow for 10 hrs rest in the 24 consecutive..." The fact that the crews accept this assignment means that the time spent in hotel limbo is being viewed as rest by both the company and the crews. The feds aren't handing out violations because it would be too hard to prove in court. The FAA needs to write a more clear definition of Part 135 crew rest and duty, as they did in 91k.

Latest resources

Back