• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Response to NJA new offer:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because I have good friends still at FlexJet. I am proving a myth wrong that FJ is growing rapidly. He11 no I dont want to go back. Lets see I make more then 9 year Challenger CA and I am off 4 days more a month. Plus my present company actually follows the rest rules. But my question was out of curiosity. Thanks 300 for answering. Wlashfly get your head out of your arse and you may see some light. Been there done that and have to many tee shirts.

Last edited:
The 300 is selling so well that we cant get enough guys through initial to get all of them flying.

Why not? NetJets is five times the size of flexjet, yet they mange to staff their aircraft at a higher ratio then Flex. So what is so different about the 300 program?

wig, if i may.

thier 420+ pilots at flexjet for 100 airplanes is actually OVERSTAFFED. see because thier POI allows them to operate under "different" rest rules of 91k, their rest can be interrupted, and for some reason the pilots allow it. Flexjet forever has operated at a 3.85 pilots per airplane and with the rest rules and nearly 16-18 days a month the pilots work they can get away with it. While here at Netjets we operate at 5.2 pilots per airplane, and comply with the full intent of 91k. 5.2 is actually too many pilots.

300 will deny it forever because he sits in the office, but thier attrition is at 15-20% and soon to get higher.

Hi!

When USA Jet had their mass layoff in 2001, NetJets showed up in DTW and interviewed everyone that wanted to. The USA Jet recruiter called the NJ guy and set it up. No other frac did that.

I talked to the NJ recruiter on the phone, but didn't meet the mins then.

cliff
YIP

vixin;1431402Thanks...when I left their almost 18 months ago they had 425 pilots. Not sure where all the growth is. Plus 5 pilots...sounds like mostly attrition.[/quote said:
I was here at Flexjet 18 months ago and we did NOT have 425 pilots. We just broke 400 pilots this year. We've hired around 30 just in the past couple of months. They are interviewing twice a week and new hire classes are being started every two weeks right now.

So the myth IS true. We are growing.

wig, if i may.

thier 420+ pilots at flexjet for 100 airplanes is actually OVERSTAFFED. see because thier POI allows them to operate under "different" rest rules of 91k, their rest can be interrupted, and for some reason the pilots allow it. Flexjet forever has operated at a 3.85 pilots per airplane and with the rest rules and nearly 16-18 days a month the pilots work they can get away with it. While here at Netjets we operate at 5.2 pilots per airplane, and comply with the full intent of 91k. 5.2 is actually too many pilots.

Not true... 10 hrs rest ALWAYS. Very generous work rules in my opinion. Feds allow one call per 10 hrs rest before starting the clock over so that's what they do. It's also tough to be the most efficient the other way... waiting until 10 hrs before setting the day up.

The pilot to plane ratio is something like 4.25 or so. Flex has fewer core aircraft which generates higher efficiency and less wasted expense. Makes sense to me but then again I am slow.;)

Netflier,

No, I don't sit in the office. I am a line pilot. Second. Our airplanes are not staffed at 3.85, it is 4.87. Third. I have been here over 2 years and have yet to have my rest interupted. Fourth. We fly under 135, 91K and 91, so I don't know what other rules you think we fly under.

When I started here 2 years ago, we had 317 pilots. We are now up to 435 as of a list today. Do we have attrition, yes. But we are also growing.

Will our attrition get higher, who knows, probably so. I can guarantee we will have people leaving us for NJA, and I wish them luck. I personally have no issue with NJA or their pilots. I also have no issues with people leaving us for NJA or other companies. I feel that if you are not happy where you are, then do what you must. If was was looking for work right now, I would most likely pick NJA over Flex due to everything that has been posted here. However, even though your guys make more money, I have to say, I would just as soon stay here at Flex. I have been around long enough that chasing the all mighty dollar is not all it is cracked up to be.

Flex is not for everyone, I cannot deny that. But if you are happy with who you work for and what you do, then that is all that matters.

wig, if i may.

300 will deny it forever because he sits in the office, but thier attrition is at 15-20% and soon to get higher.

Netflier,

No, I don't sit in the office. I am a line pilot. Second. Our airplanes are not staffed at 3.85, it is 4.87. Third. I have been here over 2 years and have yet to have my rest interupted. Fourth. We fly under 135, 91K and 91, so I don't know what other rules you think we fly under.

When I started here 2 years ago, we had 317 pilots. We are now up to 435 as of a list today. Do we have attrition, yes. But we are also growing.

Will our attrition get higher, who knows, probably so. I can guarantee we will have people leaving us for NJA, and I wish them luck. I personally have no issue with NJA or their pilots. I also have no issues with people leaving us for NJA or other companies. I feel that if you are not happy where you are, then do what you must. If was was looking for work right now, I would most likely pick NJA over Flex due to everything that has been posted here. However, even though your guys make more money, I have to say, I would just as soon stay here at Flex. I have been around long enough that chasing the all mighty dollar is not all it is cracked up to be.

Flex is not for everyone, I cannot deny that. But if you are happy with who you work for and what you do, then that is all that matters.

The people I have talked to who might be jumping from Flex to NJA is not because they are unhappy it is because they want to live closer to home. So far every person is a commuter and the new bases will allow them to live at home finally.
We also have people who love their job at Flex but have dreams of flying at the Legacy carriers and will be departing over the next year. So happiness is not always the issue.

Bailey

Latest resources

Back