• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Recalls Two Flight Attendants, Janitor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.... So I will just spell my facts & suspicions out for you. That does seem to be the best approach to use.
y'all should really take your wives to the little hangar/Christmas parties. Get a little wine in those office peeps and you'd be surprised of the beans they are too willing to spill to the dumb blonde they assume can't read between the lines or care enough to ponder... Good work FW!

I could go on for days. :eek:...

In these troubling times we really learn who we can count on. Everyone has to pull together inside pilot groups and the industry. Best of luck to you and other spouses at Flex as you study the situation and stand up for your group.

Hang in there!
NJW

Last edited:
RP170,

The way I understand it is you don't have to pay for meals over 2. It means that your per diem will become taxible. Correct me if my interpretation is wrong.

Lew

Flexwife,

You seem some what intelligent, so I will lay out the cruel hard facts for you and the rest of our group.

We lack the intestinal fortitude to step and and protect ourselves! When you have soooooo many 300 and 604 captains and f/o's begging for overtime, why do we need anything else. This group cares only about themselves and that is all they will ever care about. Anything the 300 group wants they get for 2 reasons. First, they are the biggest. Second, it is the chief pilots fleet there fore he does what they ask for.

All we as pilots can hope and pray for is the FR leaves before he either parts us out completely or bankrupts us.

I could go on for days. Y'all really need to step up your game protecting your scope. You are at will and can be switched out for a cheaper version any time. If the situation regarding CAFOs isn't enough to show y'all that nothing will.

RP170,

The way I understand it is you don't have to pay for meals over 2. It means that your per diem will become taxible. Correct me if my interpretation is wrong.

Lew

I don't know the specifics since the union has kicked us out of the union message board. Either way, it's a lot less money in the pilots' pockets at the end of the year and a change in the way things are interpreted in the CBA. It sets a precedent that's not good.

RP170,

Lew

You are correct. Three options available. Two meals or less, per diem remains non-taxable income. (Protections exist for non-delivery and schedule changes). More than two meals, all per diem is taxable. Go on receipts, per diem remains non-taxable, but you will pay the difference if you exceed domestic rate.

Advantage is you will no longer have to manually add up your annual per diem for tax purposes-it will show up on your Ipay statement as taxable or non-taxable, if you opt for options one or two.

I don't know the specifics since the union has kicked us out of the union message board. Either way, it's a lot less money in the pilots' pockets at the end of the year and a change in the way things are interpreted in the CBA. It sets a precedent that's not good.

Wrong. That's the trouble with not knowing the specifics. As far as the union web site, nothing prohibits you from calling the union to learn the specifics.

Hey why don't you $ick heads talk about this in private messages. or go chew the Majors thread up with your talk that no one wants to see

We lack the intestinal fortitude to step and and protect ourselves! When you have soooooo many 300 and 604 captains and f/o's begging for overtime, why do we need anything else. This group cares only about themselves and that is all they will ever care about. Anything the 300 group wants they get for 2 reasons. First, they are the biggest. Second, it is the chief pilots fleet there fore he does what they ask for.

Please provide more information about your accusations. What postion are you in that you know how much OT is being asked for from 2 different fleets and seats? I don't dispute people are asking for OT. I am sick of our own group attacking each other. We are all on the same team and I guarantee you that an equal number of people are asking for OT from every fleet and seat. I have seen FOs on the bottom of the seniority list ask for OT. This unfortunately will and does happen at every company. Some one else on here just posted a message that it is OK for Lear CAFOs but not Challenger CAFOs. Personally I would like to see everyone turn down OT and CAFO assignments. The reality is that will not happen.

What special things are the 300 pilots asking for and getting? Please share because I will join you in that fight.

So I will just spell my facts & suspicions out for you. Fact: there are dozens upon dozens of bombardier aircraft w/o lxj tags registered to the waterview address. Fact: the marriage between flex and BJS barely skirts the law it was intended to fulfill but both companies have successfully used it's legal neccessity to further muddy the waters in some very unscrupulous ways Suspicion: either flex or bjs is using it's resources to manage, staff, dispatch etc these planes under the radar Fact: there are 85 flex guys on the street on part because of these games

I am interested in what you are saying, but it makes no sense to me. You said you would spell things out, but your message is very vague. What laws are LXJ and BJS skirting? What are you saying goes on under the radar? How does the LXJ and BJS relationship relate to the 85 on the street? If it wasn't for our BJS card holders there would be more than double that number on the street. Please explain.

Last edited:
I am in the same position as all of us. I fly the line and hear every day how 300 and 604 pilots are consistently taking and asking for OT. Some are even so brazen as to be telling anyone who will listen that they are doing so. This is not only a CA thing but an FO thing.

As far as the CAFO bs, I am with you. This is nothing more than a means of the company using its pilots so that they can keep them downgraded indefinitely. While I cannot dispute whether the lear group are being OT tramps, I can say that if they are, they are surely being real quiet about it. Any lear guy/gal I have spoke with regarding OT was due to it either being forced or working in their benefit, i.e home on the first flight in the morning and getting the money out of the company. I understand that there are times where we need to do OT, but for guys/gals to be calling into the office and begging for it, that is another issue. Just ask your dispatcher if it is happening. I am sure they will tell you.

As far as the 300 group having more pull, just look at all of the changes. If you go back over BB, our rest rule changes and so forth have come due to 300 captains turning off their phones religiously as well as griping louder than the rest of the groups. Maybe it is just coincidental that this is happening, but I don't know that is the case.

I don't like seeing our group fighting either. My comment was just pure honesty. None of the pilots as a group care about the 85 on the street or about you or I. We will just continue to go down this road and hope in the end we are still employed.

Please provide more information about your accusations. What postion are you in that you know how much OT is being asked for from 2 different fleets and seats? I don't dispute people are asking for OT. I am sick of our own group attacking each other. We are all on the same team and I guarantee you that an equal number of people are asking for OT from every fleet and seat. I have seen FOs on the bottom of the seniority list ask for OT. This unfortunately will and does happen at every company. Some one else on here just posted a message that it is OK for Lear CAFOs but not Challenger CAFOs. Personally I would like to see everyone turn down OT and CAFO assignments. The reality is that will not happen.

What special things are the 300 pilots asking for and getting? Please share because I will join you in that fight.

Latest resources

Back