• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet, pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey FX guys, looks like four more Flight Options pilots have slizzard over to fly with you guys. This is what each of them were making when they left FO.

BA, 15 year Phenom Capt. $102,000
MC, 15 year Beechjet Capt. $102,000
EG, 15 year Beechjet Capt. $102,000
AG, 15 year Phenom Capt. $102,000

This time the pay comparison is easy, since BA, MC, EG and AG were all 15 year guys at FO, we can look at them all as a group. On day one, as a F/O at FX, each of them will be making almost as much as your year four Lear 45 Capts., who currently make $103,000 and over $40,000 more than the year two Lear 45 F/Os already on the property.

As with my last post on this subject, the source of my information was the pay scales contained in the ?Flexjet Hiring? memo both FX and FO sent out to their respective pilot groups back in August. So these are the pay numbers which were provided by the company. The Flight Options numbers came from our CBA.

BTW, your gonna love BA. I know we did.

Your comparison is almost correct. The company uses 208 days of work (16 day/bid * 13) bids when quoting salary most of the time.

So with that is mind, they will be making about 35k more than a 2 year first officer, and only 6k more than a Lear PIC on 2nd year pay. But because of some reason that has long since been rendered moot, PICs lose a year of longevity when they upgrade, so the PIC on 2nd year pay has been at FJ 3 years.

As I keep saying, WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU?

Go work on your contract negotiations so you can post how you stuck it to the boss. Currently the economy is up, owners are flying, and the company is making money, we're all expecting great things now that you're not trying to sign a contract "during the worst recession in recent memory".

Thanks for the update lucky. It does matter to me. I think the facts should be out there for all to see. It makes me feel better. Is that ok with you?

I don't know why 2nd year FO's keep being used for comparison. Pretty much everyone is on year 8.

I'm not sure how their rates negatively affect me either. If they upgrade out of seniority, that is another matter.

Hey FX guys, looks like four more Flight Options pilots have slizzard over to fly with you guys. This is what each of them were making when they left FO.

This time the pay comparison is easy, since BA, MC, EG and AG were all 15 year guys at FO, we can look at them all as a group. On day one, as a F/O at FX, each of them will be making almost as much as your year four Lear 45 Capts., who currently make $103,000 and over $40,000 more than the year two Lear 45 F/Os already on the property.

As with my last post on this subject, the source of my information was the pay scales contained in the ?Flexjet Hiring? memo both FX and FO sent out to their respective pilot groups back in August. So these are the pay numbers which were provided by the company. The Flight Options numbers came from our CBA.

I'm not sure of the point of this post. Are you putting down FLOPs pilots or Flex pilots? Our most junior CA is on nine year Lear CA pay, I believe. At that rate, that's $128,000 base salary. Our eight and nine year FO's are making around $85,000-87,000 base salary. With OT, bonus, and per diem as an eighth year FO, I cracked $101,000 last paycheck.

Seems like your comparison posts aren't having the affect you were hoping for.

Since you seems to be so "in the know" you should know we don't have any year 4 Lear captains. Try comparing the FO new hires to a pay rate we have people on.

It seems that so far you have zero nice things to say about anyone who has transferred to FJ. Wouldn't you be happy they left, or do you just try to spread misery everywhere you go?

I'm not sure of the point of this post. Are you putting down FLOPs pilots or Flex pilots? Our most junior CA is on nine year Lear CA pay, I believe. At that rate, that's $128,000 base salary. Our eight and nine year FO's are making around $85,000-87,000 base salary. With OT, bonus, and per diem as an eighth year FO, I cracked $101,000 last paycheck.

Stop it. There is no place for facts in this discussion, just baseless comparisons to try to prove a pointless point.

Thanks for the update lucky. It does matter to me. I think the facts should be out there for all to see. It makes me feel better. Is that ok with you?

Absolutely OK with me. I'd like all the facts out in the open. Like, what is the point to this swap, which organization is paying the premium FJ or FO, why was it when FJ began calling the furloughed FO crews the active crews complained about not getting first chance and now "very few" are interested... and the biggest fact I'd like to know is, why the **** did the IBT ever agree to this scheme? And the next question is, why the **** do you care how the FJ crews feel about a 12+ year Options captain deciding that getting Coffee/Ice/Papers/Clearance in a LR45 is better than staying put?

My personal feeling about the guys coming over is, great for them (I hope all new hires can make their same salary). I don't care what seniority they hold somewhere else, at FJ are new hires, and can enjoy all the benefits that come along with that. IF, they're ever granted special status out of seniority, that's when a card campaign will catch fire. And, I'm pretty sure the IBT won't be the top name on ballot.

In short, in my opinion, the minute the union agreed to this, they (meaning you couple of FI posters), lost the right to try and stir up trouble.

Go back to bashing the uniform, or telling us about the loss of our 401(k) match, or better yet... start thinking up new excuses about why your next contract will suck.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those out on the road delivering the promise.

How is this fair when 1 of the newly transferred pilots tells them that he won't be able to sell his house and move to 1 of your bases and he is told that is ok, do t worry about just stay there and use your FO domicile as your Flex base.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back