Flexjet, pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely

I don't care what seniority they hold somewhere else, at FJ are new hires, and can enjoy all the benefits that come along with that. IF, they're ever granted special status out of seniority

They will never be Granted special status.

They might just interview better for the Global and Gulfstream manager positions. ;)

How is this fair when 1 of the newly transferred pilots tells them that he won't be able to sell his house and move to 1 of your bases and he is told that is ok, do t worry about just stay there and use your FO domicile as your Flex base.

Was this a Panama City guy? About a month ago Panama City mystetiously became a base out of no where.

How is this fair when 1 of the newly transferred pilots tells them that he won't be able to sell his house and move to 1 of your bases and he is told that is ok, do t worry about just stay there and use your FO domicile as your Flex base.

I'm not surprised this is has occurred.

New hires always get several months to move, then an extension for a few more months. As a few FO people have posted here, the move to FJ supposedly is a temporary one, so why force someone to move. I would at least hope they are subject to the non-primary base scheduling rules.

With all the new alternative gateway FJ just opened, I'll bet this will not be the last exception granted.

They will never be Granted special status.

They might just interview better for the Global and Gulfstream manager positions. ;)

After seeing the way the selection process for the Global program worked, I wish them good luck. If the best person applying for the job is a Phenom 300 PIC then at least they'll finally be hiring real line-flying crew members.

Until the airplanes are run like a fleet aircraft, I want no part of it.

Quote/
My personal feeling about the guys coming over is, great for them (I hope all new hires can make their same salary). I don't care what seniority they hold somewhere else, at FJ are new hires, and can enjoy all the benefits that come along with that. IF, they're ever granted special status out of seniority, that's when a card campaign will catch fire. And, I'm pretty sure the IBT won't be the top name on ballot.

Kenn has put you guys on a pedestal so you think you are superior. Flex didn't buy Options. This whole thing is just to get rid of the Union. The companies are combining and I hate to tell you but eventually ops is going to be run out of CGF. You will be run by schedulers out of County sooner or later.

Once the Union is gone Kenn will take care of the Options pilots. He's going to get as many as possible onto Gulfstreams and other dedicated crew aircraft and for the moment will go to the bottom of the list which will be adjusted at a later date.

Quote/
My personal feeling about the guys coming over is, great for them (I hope all new hires can make their same salary). I don't care what seniority they hold somewhere else, at FJ are new hires, and can enjoy all the benefits that come along with that. IF, they're ever granted special status out of seniority, that's when a card campaign will catch fire. And, I'm pretty sure the IBT won't be the top name on ballot.

Kenn has put you guys on a pedestal so you think you are superior. Flex didn't buy Options. This whole thing is just to get rid of the Union. The companies are combining and I hate to tell you but eventually ops is going to be run out of CGF. You will be run by schedulers out of County sooner or later.

Once the Union is gone Kenn will take care of the Options pilots. He's going to get as many as possible onto Gulfstreams and other dedicated crew aircraft and for the moment will go to the bottom of the list which will be adjusted at a later date.

So which one is it.

Is KR and his management team so bad that you nee a union to protect the FO pilots, or is KR the best friend of the FO pilots and can wait to screw over the FJ pilots?

You really can't have it both ways. He can't be satan and your savior at the same time. The world doesn't work that way.

I know you guys way to scare the FJ pilots, but your lack of consistency takes away from your message(s).

So which one is it.

Is KR and his management team so bad that you nee a union to protect the FO pilots, or is KR the best friend of the FO pilots and can wait to screw over the FJ pilots?

You really can't have it both ways. He can't be satan and your savior at the same time. The world doesn't work that way.

I know you guys way to scare the FJ pilots, but your lack of consistency takes away from your message(s).

You're confused. He's not saying it very well, but he is talking about the SFO FO pilots. Remember, only about one third of the pilots can be SFOs. My fear is a two tiered system where the majority are treated as mere place holders to support the SFO program. It's in the book. I think it was innovative for a start up to cut attrition. I don't think it will work at a career operation where you need everyone on board to assure success.

You're confused. He's not saying it very well, but he is talking about the SFO FO pilots. Remember, only about one third of the pilots can be SFOs. My fear is a two tiered system where the majority are treated as mere place holders to support the SFO program. .

Exactly, it is not all the FO pilot it is just his boys.
From what it looks like TWA knows this and wants to join the SFO club.

For the record it does bother me that FO pilots are coming over to FJ to do my same job in my same airplane for more money than me. I only hope the ones that aren't moving to a "gateway" are being put on the same system as FJ pilots who moved to a new base. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out they were also allowed to stay on a fixed 8/7 if that's what they were doing at FO.

How's this for fodder: so far it seems they've all been going to the 45. Perhaps the plan is to move the 45s over to FO when the 75s start coming on line and this is how they're going to staff them?

Latest resources

Back