• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet, pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My personal feeling about the guys coming over is, great for them (I hope all new hires can make their same salary). I don't care what seniority they hold somewhere else, at FJ are new hires, and can enjoy all the benefits that come along with that. IF, they're ever granted special status out of seniority, that's when a card campaign will catch fire. And, I'm pretty sure the IBT won't be the top name on ballot.

The FO transfers and future transfer pilots are all ready being told to put their names in for dedicated crewing on the 350. Can put it in single or if they can build a team of five together, then the guy with the highest seniority # will be used for aircraft assignment order upon delivery. Also they are being told the G450's are to be operated in the same manner.

We are being told the G450 will be a fleet aircraft. Got that from the presentation at the Waterview during long.

Special Status Granted

IF, they're ever granted special status out of seniority, that's when a card campaign will catch fire. And, I'm pretty sure the IBT won't be the top name on ballot.

In short, in my opinion, the minute the union agreed to this, they (meaning you couple of FI posters), lost the right to try and stir up trouble.

Flexjet "hires" a pilot from Flight Options and pays that pilot more than the new hire pay rate. That is granting that pilot a "special status out of seniority." Normally, a "new hire" pilot gets paid the pay rate for a first year employee.

The union never "agreed to this." The Flight Options pilots that wanted to go to work at Flexjet did so on a Personal Leave of Absence. The Flight Options Pilots CBA allows a pilot to request a PLOA for up to 1 year. The company approves such requests at its discretion. These pilots simply requested a PLOA.

While on PLOA a Flight Options pilot can do whatever he wants or work for whoever he wants, as long as he doesn't work for anyone that "directly competes" with Flight Options unless approved by the company.

Bottom line, Flight Options pilot takes a PLOA with the intent to work at Flexjet. PLOA is granted and effective the day before that pilot is employed as a "new hire" at Flexjet. Flexjet pays that pilot the rate they were paid at their previous job, Flight Options. That pilot is paid a rate much higher than the Flexjet "new hire" rate. KR masterminds and approves the process. Special Status Granted.

Base Pay

With OT, bonus, and per diem as an eighth year FO, I cracked $101,000 last paycheck.

The Flight Options rates posted do not include incentive day/hourly pay, fuel bonuses or per diem.

So, you can add more to that amount.

Per diem is 40.80 per day. For a pilot on an 8 & 7 schedule that an additional $8,000 a year, tax free. Yes, they keep all of it. Why? Because when flying through breakfast, lunch or dinner the pilot's meal is delivered to the plane at no cost. Also, on top of that, every pilot has a company credit card for meals with NO LIMIT on the amount they spend for meals.

Incentive day/hourly pay are given for a multitude of reasons. Amounts vary.

And fuel bonuses are something that the majority of pilots receive simply by flying the profiles within reasonable limits. The rate is quarterly and either $250 or $500. And it's in the CBA. So, they can't simply stop it on a whim.

So, a pay rate of $102,000 is more like $111,000+ to $112000+ not including incentive day/hourly pay. And $8,000 of it...is tax free.

This is a little higher than the Flexjet "new hire," or F/O year 1 pay rate. But why let that bother anyone?

Yes Architect, the pay of both pilots may be the same in the end, but the problem for the future is the creation of the "B" scale. The pay of a 14/15 year FO PIC may equal the FX year 2 FO. What happens with raises and promotions is the next question.

I'm not sure of the point of this post. Are you putting down FLOPs pilots or Flex pilots? Our most junior CA is on nine year Lear CA pay, I believe. At that rate, that's $128,000 base salary. Our eight and nine year FO's are making around $85,000-87,000 base salary. With OT, bonus, and per diem as an eighth year FO, I cracked $101,000 last paycheck.

Don't forget to thank the union and pilot group that got you that level of pay.

Happy Holidays.

Thanks Downwind. You don't have to remind me. Under the old system I'd be almost at 80 by now and still paying for food out of my own pocket and I upgraded 14 years ago. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Latest resources

Back