Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJW I am sure you know BTDT he is the disgruntled pilot who appears in Avantair threads under several different names. He once got busted by responding to himself using a different name. After he was called out he deleted the post. I have not seen anything at Avantair that BTDT refers too and I have been here a while.

ESF, is the present CAB's term up? It sounds like a new group would help energize the process. A change of leadership can make a big difference.

Been there, the quote you pulled was part of a joke but the situations you describe are no laughing matter...:eek:

NJW, Thank you so much for your concern about our CAB. Maybe we can get you in contact with our management so you can suggest what we should do. I know you can make it all better for us! Thanks NJW!

As far as improvements go, pilots are typically forward-thinking, problem solvers so if the Flex pilots work together they can make a difference. As to speaking to management, there's strength in numbers. A pilot group determined to have a say in their career is hard to ignore when they stand together and claim their legal right to a seat at the table. I have no doubt you guys can make it better for yourselves and your families.

NJW, you don't work here. We will figure it out - without you. Thanks for your deep concern on what happens in this company though - which you don't work for. Do you understand that? YOU DON'T WORK HERE.

NJW I am sure you know ....

Actually, I don't but from an outside look at a potentially complicated situation it reinforces the advantage of being represented by one of your own when questions arise-- as they inevitably will in an industry that requires highly technical skills governed by stacks of regulations.

Speaking of representing pilots...do CABs, PACs, etc intervene on individual situations or is it each pilot for himself? The latter sounds quite stressful.

Employment isn't required for general interest and friendly concern. The frac lifestyle is a common bond that makes it easy for me to identify with others in the community and wish them well in their endeavors to improve their situation. I don't work at Flt Ops either but those guys have been happy to have moral support in their fight for a fair contract. A good outcome there can have a positive impact on the industry so I do hope you are cheering them on, also.

I agree 100%, ESF. The CAB has a couple people who are interested and the majority only care about their job security. As such they are not going to make any waves or disagree with DG or TC. It is hard to change anything meeting so infrequently. Most of the former members of the CAB left because they cannot get anything done, so why waste their time.

We had a really good opportunity to change things for the better before the last raise when things were going great guns. Now we are banking on management to take care of us, right. I said we should've voted for a union back then and now the tables have turned, as I knew they would. DG was quite concerned about the pilot group back then - remember all the weekly voice messages about how important we all were. That's about the same as the other lie they told us many years ago about how we would always be the highest paid in the industry.

Maybe one of these days we will draw a line in the sand.

Well said.

NJW, you don't work here. We will figure it out - without you. Thanks for your deep concern on what happens in this company though - which you don't work for. Do you understand that? YOU DON'T WORK HERE.

Just out of curiousity - how do you plan to "figure it out".

Netjetwife: Glass, I'm shocked to hear that Avantair pilots aren't as safe/professional as other frac pilots. Not too smart. The others just discuss me in the FBOs...

Me: Hey NJW.....ask Glass if he knows of any Piaggio Captains who, as an FO... have been kicked out of the plane at TEB by their Captain, or if he knows of any Piaggio Captains who have busted the ADIZ in DC (while his FO was warning him NOT to depart without a sqauwk code like the sign says) and got popped by the feds, or if he knows of a Piaggio Captain who lost control of his Piaggio and dumped it off the runway at SLC, or if he knows of a Piaggio Captain who does night "touch-n-go's" in a P-180 to satisfy night currency, scaring the living hell out of his FO as they kept landing long and hot in the dark, or if he knows of a Piaggio Captain who busted the altitude for the missed approach at TEB and got cranked on by the controllers for busting THAT airspace as well.

Then ask him if he knows of any professional fractionals that would employ such a Captain.

BTDT,... I am truly sorry. Are you okay? So much anger. I wish you the best, and hope you find peace someday.

Wacoflyr

Just out of curiousity - how do you plan to "figure it out".

My point is that NJW keeps sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. She really needs to get a life, rather than wasting away in front of a computer (2600 posts) HOW DEPRESSING

Latest resources

Back