Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was a joke, Hung....:rolleyes: Please note the laughing face and the fact that the satirical piece wasn't authored by me.

For fvcks sake lady get a vibrator a box of bonbons and leave the pilot board to the pilots.

Mods NJW has used all her 10 bucks worth.

NJW:
I guess the satire of your comment was lost on me when you wrote this.
I apologise for not quoting the entire post.

Glass, I'm shocked to hear that Avantair pilots aren't as safe/professional as other frac pilots. Not too smart.

You see, in my world, that would be called an insult. What you seem to be missing is you are rising to a certain level of arrogance. A high level of arrogance.

You achieved that when, on two different threads, you felt the need to tell other readers to shut up and ignore you. You even had the nerve to describe how to do it. What, we are not smart enough to figure it out?

I have read your musing for years now, I have agreed on some, disagreed on others. But you really need to mind your own business sometimes.

You don't need to throw your two cents into every thread. Sometimes,, discrection is the better part of valor.

Hung

....You see, in my world, that would be called an insult. Only if it was serious. I didn't for a minute think that Avantair pilots discussed anything but operational readiness when preparing to take off and thus I treated the whole post I responded to as a joke, including my reply which was accompanied by a laughing face to show I was kidding. ... you felt the need to tell other readers to shut up and ignore you. Correction: I stood up for diversity, respectful dialog, and a friendly atmosphere. You even had the nerve to describe how to do it. Trying to be helpful, I copied what I have seen other members do in the past; previously posted tips (by others and myself) for those who just weren't aware of the ignore function ended with appreciative posts. ... I have read your musing for years now, I have agreed on some, disagreed on others. And where you disagreed with me others were in agreement. I expect the future will be much the same for all who post here--mixed reactions to their posts. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. That's why it's wrong for any of us to try to silence another member whose posts may be enjoyed by others. Likewise, it's arrogant for those complaining to assume that all other FI members share their subjective view of another's posts. you really need to mind your own business sometimes. ...Hung

Just like the economy affects each of us, frac pay, schedules, work rules, etc have a ripple effect (as we have all seen) so everyone associated with the industry has the right to comment, particularly on a public message board.

Some of the frac pilotgroups have their own private message board, giving their members two posting options. I know that both of the organized groups do and it seems to work well for them. Some of their members post on both and that is my suggestion--not leaving FI. Out of curiosity, has the idea been pitched by any of the advisory councils--PAC, CAB, etc?

Info for those interested in a private board: 1108/Flt Ops Union set aside space on their message board for CS pilots and for Flex pilots, perhaps they'd do the same for Avantair pilots? I think the general idea is to give their frac peers who lack their own board a place to discuss their individual situations, events, etc. For details and current status of the offer, interested parties should ask a Flt Ops pilot.

Likewise, it's arrogant for those complaining to assume that all other FI members share their subjective view of another's posts.

Yet not one single person here has come to your defense(except for flex wife and she made a sexist reference with her hangy down comment, so she lost all credibility). We are not saying you are not entilted to your own opinion, just that you should keep it to yourself sometimes.

OMG!!!! Would someone please tell this laddy to go to shoprite and buy some milk??

NJW.....Will all due respect, in behalf of all Flex pilots we sincerely appreciate your opinions and great wishes, I am pretty sure most stuff that you say is right,......... but please we got the point now.

Here is my opinion, just came back from the supermarket, milk and cheerios are on sale today (great deal).

Hey GSX, how the h&ll did you get a picture of my ex-wife for your Avatar???

... Yet not one single person here has come to your defense(except for flex wife and she made a sexist reference with her hangy down comment, so she lost all credibility). We are not saying you are not entilted to your own opinion, just that you should keep it to yourself sometimes.

Two other posters (Fast and Flylow) also seemed to dislike the suppression of free speech a few have proposed on this thread, and that doesn't take into account the many that read but don't post. I think that group is often overlooked. The right/fair thing (for all of us) to do is skip those posts that hold no interest for you and leave them for all the other members (including non-posters) who have the right to decide for themselves which post has value.

Labeling FW's post as sexist and claiming she lost credibility is a good example of viewpoints being subjective. I saw it differently. To me, she was standing up for diversity and supporting the right for wives and non-pilots associated with the industry to participate in discussions here. She posted: "God forbid anyone without a hangy down or pilots license have an opinion..." end quote. Some people just aren't comfortable using the correct anatomical term and men also use many names for body parts (male and female) so I don't see that as sexist, in and of itself. Looked at in context she was defending her right to post on a public message board and discuss issues that affect her personally. Many, male pilots included, would see that as having guts and say that it adds to FW's credibility.

Labeling FW's post as sexist and claiming she lost credibility is a good example of viewpoints being subjective. I saw it differently. To me, she was standing up for diversity and supporting the right for wives and non-pilots associated with the industry to participate in discussions here. Other posters were not trying to hold back diversity, or your right to post here, they were just expressing their opinion that you posting the same idea over and over is annoying to some. She posted: "God forbid anyone without a hangy down or pilots license have an opinion..." end quote. The insinuation of others posting against you because you are a woman or not a pilot was not the issue before, but she tried to make it the issue with this comment. Some people just aren't comfortable using the correct anatomical term and men also use many names for body parts (male and female) so I don't see that as sexist, in and of itself.The word she used isn't the problem, the idea that you are being wronged because you are a woman is the problem I have. Looked at in context she was defending her right to post on a public message board and discuss issues that affect her personally. Nobody was challenging her right to post, there was no reason to make sex an issue.

Nobody was challenging diversity, she brought that into the conversation. That is just like someone bringing race into a situation that race was not an issue before. It was inappropriate, and insinuates that the people conversing with you are sexist. That is where I take offense. Now if I misread or misunderstood her message, than I appologize(to both you and her).

To those that have made inappropriate or sexually offensive comments to these ladies, I am not defending you, and that is something the moderators should do a better job of policing. It is uncalled for and I personally don't condone it.

Latest resources

Back