• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the top 120 doesn't matter anymore since we have almost 500 pilots now. They are in a minority now, as before they were a majority. And, trust me, the peeps after the top 150 or so are not happy and WILL vote this union in. We don't need the top 120 to pass this anymore. They might as well climb aboard.

Doyle,

I don't think that the top 150 are as happy as what you think. Most are, but I have ran into others that don't think the way you think they do. Be careful not to bunch everyone in the same pool.

Just a thought.

CL300Pilot

the top 120 doesn't matter anymore since we have almost 500 pilots now. They are in a minority now, as before they were a majority. And, trust me, the peeps after the top 150 or so are not happy and WILL vote this union in. We don't need the top 120 to pass this anymore. They might as well climb aboard.

I guess Gross should pay attention. I still believe it's going to take at least half of the top 120 to be successful,which could happen since they fired Rick.
It does seem that Bombardier management may have stepped on some Flex jet toes, and changed some feelings toward the company since that beloved day.
There is so many that still love to drink from the kool-aid fountain that it's going to be an up hill climb. Before some of you jump on my case I've already done my little part! I'm just stating a fact that has been part of Flexjet since 2000.

I'm not in the top 120 at Flex and I DON'T want a union. Flex being non-union is one reason I wanted to come here. Is it a perfect place to work?? No, but no place is (even the almighty NetJets). The pay, schedule, work rules, and rest rules make this the best aviation job I've ever had. I came from one of the better regionals before, and I don't need to elaborate on how bad it is working for them and they have a union, that according to many on this forum, is suppose to make it a great place to work. All I ever got for my 2% was fouloughed, my based closed, jets for jobs for mainline pilots, scoped out of flying 70 seat planes by the mainline union, and 5 years of contract negotiations. I don't feel that we need a union, and I don't want a union!

Dime Line: You don't even work at FlexJet. So why don't you worry about your drive over at FLOPS and let us worry about our company.

Oh boy. We are better than your last regional. We must be the best company to work for.

The comparison should be like companies. Amongst fractionals we are towards the bottom in terms of your highly regarded pay, work and rest rules . Heck, this job is better than my ol' CFI and freight jobs, but that doesn't mean squat! I don't mean to bring you down, but just because a different company you worked for sucked doesn't mean you should accept less than standard at this job.

Last edited:
Well, I just got the call for a NJ interview. Debating on whether to go or not. It's been well over a year since I applied and just now heard something. I hate the thought of being at the bottom again but, it's hard to not consider more money and more time off and better benefits. Will Flexjet step up? Who knows.

Go to the interview then decide after the offer. What harm is there in interviewing? The only thing DG and management stools will step up to is the comfort station to lay pipe over you guys.

well, my advice depends on one thing. are you senior to me? I thought a lot about making the switch too, but the big thing for me was the upgrade. I have next to no PIC time, so I really think I should get some of that while I have the chance.

tough call for sure. I wish DG would hurry up and announce what they have in mind for changes to our comp plan. That would certainly help my decision.

So unless you need the PIC like me, I'd say go. Even being junior over there is still better than our work rules right?

I've been here just over 3 years. I mean, a first year F/O will make what I make now, AS A CAPTAIN. I would hope that Mr Gross has seen the significant difference in pay now, and will step up this time. I hate to leave over greed but, it's not all about money. Alot of it IS about money however, lets not kid ourselves. Being at the bottom sucks and being an F/O for 5 years would suck in my opinion. I'm not sure what is best. I guess it boils down to do I have faith in Mr Gross to take care of us this time.

Latest resources

Back