• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually most of us think we would be much better off without Bombardier, they are a follower and we need a leader.

2 years ago we were almost bought by Penske. The only reason we are not wearing Penkse orange is because they reupped the price on them. Don't think for one second that Bombardier would not dump us in a heart beat if they got the money they wanted along with the new buyer selling strictly Bombardier products. Then they still get their fractional sales and are rid of the liability.

CL300Pilot

No thats not my logic.

My logic is they will not abandon fractional sales regardless of their ability to sell aircraft through other channels. They will not dump FlexJets because a union forms on the property.

So if I were a Flex pilot I would not fear such a threat in the least.

No thats not my logic.

My logic is they will not abandon fractional sales regardless of their ability to sell aircraft through other channels. They will not dump FlexJets because a union forms on the property.

So if I were a Flex pilot I would not fear such a threat in the least.

Gotcha. I agree.

2 years ago we were almost bought by Penske. The only reason we are not wearing Penkse orange is because they reupped the price on them. Don't think for one second that Bombardier would not dump us in a heart beat if they got the money they wanted along with the new buyer selling strictly Bombardier products. Then they still get their fractional sales and are rid of the liability.

CL300Pilot

So in that vein, Warren would dump nja in a heartbeat to get rid of the liability if he gets the price he wants? Neither is going anywhere, certainly not in this corporate jet market.

So in that vein, Warren would dump nja in a heartbeat to get rid of the liability if he gets the price he wants? Neither is going anywhere, certainly not in this corporate jet market.

Bombardier's primary business is building train sets. Second business is building aircraft. Operating a fractional operates a few of the aircraft they build is not part of their core business. You can tell that Flex is not what they really care about when they sell 80 CL300s to a Flex competitor. If Flex was spun off it would be better for the pilots there as they would be free to compete directly with NJ without the restrictions made by Montreal.

well i would like to input gents.

that if you have a contract it doesnt matter who buys who or who goes where, your contract stays the same. your workrules wouldnt change.

Dont buy managements scare tactic that we will be sold. It will only get worse as more people finally start to speak more openly about a union.

You are absolutely correct.

I was only bringing up the point that we were almost sold already which shows a precedence as to where Bombardier stands when it comes to Flexjet.

Do I think we are being sold, no, not at the moment. But who knows what tomorrow holds.

well i would like to input gents.

that if you have a contract it doesnt matter who buys who or who goes where, your contract stays the same. your workrules wouldnt change.

CL300Pilot
Anything can happen BUT...

I originally said Flex pilots were in the Best position ... this is compared (its relative) to other Frax pilots ... BECAUSE they have no competition in the fractionals operating Bombardier products.

The example is Options pilots were not in as good a position while owned by Raytheon because Raytheon was selling many Hawkers to Netjets.

The probability of options being sold existed long before unionization began... Raytheon was looking to dump the operation for years.

I originally said Flex pilots were in the Best position ... this is compared (its relative) to other Frax pilots ... BECAUSE they have no competition in the fractionals operating Bombardier products.

Except for XOJet. I realize that they will be getting the 300's at the end of 2008, but the future is certainly cloudy for Flex now.

Latest resources

Back