• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are people on the BB willing to accept the promise of a raise in may?

I dont think theres been a promise of anything anywhere....just people assuming that if we are given a raise that is when it will happen.

DG message was nothing more then a stall tactic to try to get people to shut up about the NJ contract. I see the offering coming down the pike right around April. The message will go kinda like " We are glad to announce we are giving everyone a 5% raise! Yes and we are cutting the work down to 15 days!" then hope everyone shuts up and goes to the corner with their crumbs all happy.
I have seen this before at ACA during contract talks. Air Whisky had just approved a industry leading contract and our management was talking just like DG and in the end we didnt get crap.
I hate to say this but if management does not step up to the plate and hit a grand slam then 51% for a vote will be easy.

Well said Bailey!!!! Its going to take more than just $$$. There are many issues here. Work rules, bases, rest rules, medical, 401k.... those QOL issues (like bases) are more important to me than my daily rate.

And we'll have to wait until may? thats too late...

My take on this is anyone at LXJ yrs 0-4 maybe even year 5 is better off by going to NJA. First year pay is several thousand more, free medical, better vacation, etc. How is LXJ planning to keep those guys from jumping ship with a 5% increase?

The only thing that will help LXJ is that every other frac will be losing pilots to NJA and NJA can only hire so many at a time.

Management right now is trying to find that sweet spot of only having 50% minus 1 of the pilots wanting a union. IMHO, anything less than what NJ is getting will miss their mark. I do see more and more pilots signing onto the IBT site.

Options Pilot

DG message was nothing more then a stall tactic to try to get people to shut up about the NJ contract. I see the offering coming down the pike right around April. The message will go kinda like " We are glad to announce we are giving everyone a 5% raise! Yes and we are cutting the work down to 15 days!" then hope everyone shuts up and goes to the corner with their crumbs all happy.
I have seen this before at ACA during contract talks. Air Whisky had just approved a industry leading contract and our management was talking just like DG and in the end we didnt get crap.
I hate to say this but if management does not step up to the plate and hit a grand slam then 51% for a vote will be easy.

Excuse the intrusion on your thread gents, I'm an Options pilot and just wanted to throw my 2 cents into this particular statement.

Options management did exactly the same thing, saying they were going to give us a big raise NEXT year just give them the time. Well giving them the time would have made the card collection part of our organization drive fail thus killing the union vote. The time frame they were talking about the raise being approved was just over the year period that our organization drive began, cards are only good for one year from the date on the card. There never was any substantial raise and in fact the company continued the attacks on the pilots that had begun two years before. Promises of things in the future are nothing more then that empty promises. If anything that management says is not in a contract it does not exist. Trust in your own efforts and the power of a binding contract. everything else is BS.

Excuse the intrusion on your thread gents, I'm an Options pilot and just wanted to throw my 2 cents into this particular statement.

Options management did exactly the same thing, saying they were going to give us a big raise NEXT year just give them the time. Well giving them the time would have made the card collection part of our organization drive fail thus killing the union vote. The time frame they were talking about the raise being approved was just over the year period that our organization drive began, cards are only good for one year from the date on the card. There never was any substantial raise and in fact the company continued the attacks on the pilots that had begun two years before. Promises of things in the future are nothing more then that empty promises. If anything that management says is not in a contract it does not exist. Trust in your own efforts and the power of a binding contract. everything else is BS.

Exactly. If it isn't written, it doesn't exist.

Fyi

Exactly. If it isn't written, it doesn't exist.

We DID get the info in writting BEFORE it was implemented in May of this year. Comparing Options management to Flexjet Management is apples an oranges. Flex management isn't trying to tank the company like at Options. I'm not trying to defend either side, just setting the record straight.

There are many on the fence that really believe something special is going to be announced. Once the offering is announced around February, make sure there is plenty of paper in the fax machine at the IBT headquarters.

Over the next 2 months it would be great to have the 1108 do another mailout. This would allow those who have not yet sent in the cards to have one handy after they hear the announcement.

Last edited:
I'm one of those 0-4 year guys at Flex. I don't mind waiting until May for the improvements to kick in, but they better be BIG. If I don't like what I see I'll be sending out two things: 1) Union card 2) Updated resume to Netjets. I sincerely don't think management is stalling regarding the fiscal year and such when it comes to pay/benefits, but I also agree there's no reason they can't open up new bases and improve the rest/work rules and number of days worked right now. The new TA at NJA notwithstanding we are still at the bottom of the pack when it comes to bases and rest periods (floating rest). That is unacceptable, and ironic since just about every VM reminds us how much we still need new pilots. How can you expect people to come here with mid-level pay and shoddy work rules?

Latest resources

Back