• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am seeing the cards show up in cans, stock lockers and it was rumored some one was working with the Holiday Inn TEB to hand them to pilots when they check in. Also have watched some kool aid drinkers throw them away afraid they will get fired for touching them.

Most everyone will end Up at the pickle bar sooNer or later. That mIght make a good place fOr those who want to find oNe.
There or at the Christmas party when people walk into the room. Kind of like a door prize.

Most everyone will end Up at the pickle bar sooNer or later. That mIght make a good place fOr those who want to find oNe.
There or at the Christmas party when people walk into the room. Kind of like a door prize.

Subtle

5 year lear captain at Flex 87,776 (208 days)
5 year captain at NetJet 90,000 (180 days)

10 year (challenger) captain at Flex 117,936
10 year captain at NetJet 106,000

I have a lot of hotel time this weekend so I looked up pay. It looks like that after 10 years pay is better at Flex than NetJets. The difference is the days worked. 7 on 7 off yields less days worked. So you would have to factor that into the pay. I would imagine if factored the pay would be lower at Flex based on days worked. (personally i like working 4 on 3 off) Also, you would have to consider benefits and I did not do that.

Last edited:
I do not know about NetJets pay that well. I used airline pilot central for the charts. I have not seen the new pay if the contract passes. About what percentage raise is it?

Here is some more interesting stuff.
AA 10 year captain on Super 80 is 119,808
UA 747 captain makes 143,520

I guess no one in aviation is going to get rich. I guess just living well is about the best we can expect in any area, either the fracs or legacy type carriers.

I am not sure why i posted this here but maybe it is not too bad at Flex.

Last edited:
5 year lear captain at Flex 87,776 (208 days)
5 year captain at NetJet 90,000 (180 days)

10 year (challenger) captain at Flex 117,936
10 year captain at NetJet 106,000

I do not believe a union is right around the corner for Flex.

Wow Finn your numbers are way off. Where to start? first off, why are you using 208 days? 15.5*13 = 201.5 (rounded to 202)

FlexJet pay:
5 year lear captain (year 4 scale) = $406/day or $82,012/year
10 year Challenger captain (year 9 scale) = $547/day or $110,494/year

NetJets soon to be new pay on 7/7 (182 days/year)
5 year captain: $551/day or $100,408
10 year captain: $655/day or $119,254/year (not sure if this is citation X pay or not, is it higher?)

And NJ is about to have a "15 day flex" which will be something like the 4/3 you like (not sure their exact on/off structure). But that schedule will pay even MORE!!!

Bottom line, NJ works less but gets paid more. Flex is below industry average.

Last edited:
I work 208 days at Flex (16 days per period times 13) that is where I came up with that craziness.

I agree that we work more at Flex which means we essentially get paid less but I was just putting numbers up as I am suffering from hotel bordumb.

the info I got was from airline pilot central

Okay fair enough. The best way to do an apples to apples comparison is to just look at the daily rates across the industry. Flexjet is #3, with Options pulling up the rear.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back