• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Authorization Card

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok i see what you mean you are using yields and I was using the 16 day min gaurantee. It gets hard to compare in a fair way.

Regardless a pay raise would be nice.

I was also looking at a lot of the posts on this thread and a lot of folks are calling for a union. Flex would be great if they would reduce the days worked and yeild the same pay. (personally I seem to get a lot of home reserve this year, although last year I worked my butt off) I almost hate to say it but if they would open up home basing or something like living close to a major airport that would be an outstanding improvement. It seems to me and not to make the union people upset with me but if we can acheive this without a union that would be better. right?

We got a nice raise in 06 with negotations with mgt so why would we not expect the same in the future. I say try first using all other means before getting a union.

Last edited:
Yields are for crew ratios and staffing not pay! This is where the smoke and mirrors started. I have never been scheduled for a half day nor received a paycheck for 7.75 days. The comparison should be a 16 day line at 208 per year. Watch out for this double talk when we are presented with the changes.

With a union in place, I suspect management will be very reluctant to strike up an immeadiate deal. We probably wont see any pay raise this year if we unionize.
Witout a union we will surely get some kind of monetary enhancement this year. Will it be comparable with our industry counterparts? Who knows. Will they give us better rest rules and more days off, or create more domiciles? Why should they.
If we dont speak up, organize and force the changes we want, they will never take place to anyones satisfaction.
So, do we sit on our thumbs, and watch the fat cats get fatter, and accept a mediocre situation? Or, maybe, just maybe we can all play on the same team , and seek an agreement that is palatable to everyone.

If the company throws some raises at us, will they also offer me job protection? Oh wait, they cant do that, only a union can.

In that case, I still want a union no matter what they do.

Latest resources

Back