• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your faith is misplaced, don't trust anyone.

The abused pilot rhetoric and stories of how bad things were 5 years ago from the FLOPs pilots has become just noise. I'm as tired of it as I am of the cheerleaders saying to trust mgmt because they've taken care of us so far.

Just as we don't work for BBD anymore it could be said that FLOPs has new management as well, they work for Ms. White. If things get better there with her in charge that's a positive, if they don't get better, that's a negative, vote accordingly.

Personally, I don't give an F how badly they were treated 5 years ago woking for previous leaders, I don't care how bad the economy was when you were in negotiations you still negotiated a crappy contract... and when that crappy contract becomes amendable you will then leverage what the non-IBT operation at DAC has to improve your position. All we've heard for years is how Flex pilots are hurting the cause because we weren't part of the brotherhood, now our brothers have no issue using a few steps on the ladder this situation has extended.

Enough of the bullish!t, you wan't my vote, EARN IT by doing something. You won't get any respect from me by telling me how bad it MIGHT be in the future, that's the same as telling me to be glad I don't work for a regional.

...and before you guys start spewing how I'll get mine and I'm going to hell, save yourself the trouble, you've already said it before and it's meaningless.

Luckydog. I hear you. One comment, though: Uncle is in charge. Period. True, there are several different companies under the DAC name, but he’s the one calling the shots. Why so many “separate” companies? Lots of reasons to discuss, but in the end, they all get told what to do & when & how by Uncle.

Deanna's not the boss. She's not even over the customer facing, read us, part of the operation. I'd feel a helluva lot better if she was, but that's not the case.

The abused pilot rhetoric and stories of how bad things were 5 years ago from the FLOPs pilots has become just noise. I'm as tired of it as I am of the cheerleaders saying to trust mgmt because they've taken care of us so far.

Just as we don't work for BBD anymore it could be said that FLOPs has new management as well, they work for Ms. White. If things get better there with her in charge that's a positive, if they don't get better, that's a negative, vote accordingly.

Personally, I don't give an F how badly they were treated 5 years ago woking for previous leaders, I don't care how bad the economy was when you were in negotiations you still negotiated a crappy contract... and when that crappy contract becomes amendable you will then leverage what the non-IBT operation at DAC has to improve your position. All we've heard for years is how Flex pilots are hurting the cause because we weren't part of the brotherhood, now our brothers have no issue using a few steps on the ladder this situation has extended.

Enough of the bullish!t, you wan't my vote, EARN IT by doing something. You won't get any respect from me by telling me how bad it MIGHT be in the future, that's the same as telling me to be glad I don't work for a regional.

...and before you guys start spewing how I'll get mine and I'm going to hell, save yourself the trouble, you've already said it before and it's meaningless.

I think most of the guys at F.O. are just trying to help by sharing their experiences working for KR for many years. I'll admit many of them have been somewhat indelicate about it, but I think most guys hearts are in the right place.

We really don't have new management at F.O. Most of the active pilots have worked for KR from about 1998 or so through 2002 when he was ousted by Raytheon and again from 2008 until the present. The union drive started on his earlier watch and ended after several years of very contentious bargaining on his watch.

But listen, don't take our word for it. Weren't you guys strong-armed into signing an employment agreement in December by DW at the behest of DAC? A 12 page "contract" which among other things says:

5. Termination.
(a) The Employment Period described in Section 1 will end on the earliest of(i) Your death or any mental or physical disability or incapacity (as determined by a physician selected by the Company in its good faith judgment) that continues for anyperiod of at least ninety (90) consecutive days; (ii) Your resignation for any reason; or(iii) termination of Your employment and the Employment Period by the Company at any
time, with or without Cause (as defined in Section 5(e) below).

The contract then goes on the lay out the definition of termination for cause but conveniently neglects to speak to termination "without cause."

What was the penalty for failing to sign this "agreement"?

Nobody want's you to go to hell, or hopes that you will get yours. I think its just that we've learned the value of standing together and we hope you will see through some of the BS that's already coming your way.

Last edited:

Your living in the "Now". You cant throw away history, its irresponsible to ignore it. And the future is being run by the same Senior Management (Riccis boys), and middle management is the same middle management from 14+ years ago. Most people here at FLOP have been here for 14+years. We have been thru Ricci, RTA, Nahill, Shtfingr, and now Ricci. We have seen this all before, we are experienced in this, you are not. Sometimes the young (you) need to listen to the old (us).
(Please don't take offense to my last statement, you haven't worked for Ricci)

Now that the cat is out on the merger of the 2 companys, how much longer do you think your management as you know it will be in power? Do you really think Ricci is going to put an unknown (insert flex management person here) in front of one of his hitler youth that has been with Ricci for 20+ years.
So the moral of this story is, past History is alive and well here at the new FLEXTIONS

PS, I don't know Ms White, I bet in 6 months she will be gone. My own opinion of course

Last edited:
I can't help but think of the quote you usually get from financial institutions "Past performance is no indication of future results. Something to ponder.

I can't help but think of the quote you usually get from financial institutions "Past performance is no indication of future results. Something to ponder.

True, very true, until you start examining the company's performance during a period time.
(example) A company in 1996 vs the same company in 2014, what has changed, do they make the same widget, do they sell the same solution, what's the turnover, expansion, R & D. If all is roughly the same then past perf will be a good indicator of present perf. or a reasonable expectation of.

Now examine FLOPS what has changed?

I'm done with this thread. You guys are so smart and have it all figured out. Enjoy the Ricci ride dude. Will be even better with no protection. Then you will see how crappy our contract was.

Don't worry the Kool-aide drinkers will be the first ones to complain and will cry the loudest when they feel the effects of trusting mgt... Flex is apparently full of Kool-aide drinkers...

This attitude is one of the reasons that Flex crews aren't interested in the IBT. Another might be being told by proud IBT members how we will be stapled or DOH integrated and they'll be in our planes and if we don't like it, too bad. It doesn't take much of that uninformed crap to quickly get a negative opinion.

I don't understand the point of this entire discussion anymore. Flex/FLOPs have been combined at the top, it would be easy for the IBT to call for a single carrier review. If FLOPs vote as a group then we at Flex are along for the ride.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back