• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor is that the FO pilots would get bumped up to Flex pay if the 1108 is decertified.

Like you couldn't see that coming from a mile away.

The best shot at Flight Options keeping their 1108 and having a shot at a next CBA is not to petition for single system. There is enough fracture within your ranks that a majority of 325 Flexjet pilots voting for no representation would likely result as the winner. It makes no sense to want us to vote with you and risk your goal of a next contract.

It may be the flex side that calls for the vote.

Club Ord FO et al
I don?t find our situation that confusing. Flexjet was bought by DAC in order to remain competitive in the marketplace. Our now brother company FLOPS, having unionized in the past for whatever reasons, now demands that we join their ranks in order to defend ourselves from the evil and diabolical KR, the destroyer of all things good and just. I find their posts a little overboard ie bullsh**t(having talked to quite a few of their pilots on the road), and will take a wait and see position. I can live with the changes made so far, but if our work rules and benefits start going south, will hold my nose and vote in the IBT (or, hopefully, an alternative). The union goons postings on this board on how evil everything is at FLOPS tells me as much about them as about FLOPS.
Cheers,
WL19

Warlord, I agree that if DAC messes with out pay and benefits we will all vote for the IBT, but the problem is, DAC knows that and so they won't make any changes until after the union is decertified.

The IBT needs to come up with a plan for the flex folks. If you want us to play in the same sandbox, what's gonna happen to our seats/pay/schedule/benefits/QOL? From what I gather, if single carrier status is stated by the NMB, then a new contract is written up? The concern obviously is that flex will go backwards.

I dunno, I'm just rambling now. So many paths with outcomes that can't be determined without more info.

BE400

I have flown with anti-union guys who knowingly try and break rules....fly sick...fly tired....never write a/c up when they need to...they get the job done and hand the jet off. This puts us all in jeopardy of losing our jobs. Just look at the Phenom overrun. The pic was a company man. They where( imho by looking at their week )suffering from cumulative fatigued. But the pic never called it. They ended up 1000ft off the runway on a road. You want to talk about bone heads....leaving engine plugs in on start up then lying about it for days....letting the psm push them even tho they aren't comfortable.....come on Brother these company boys are far more dangerous to the future of the company than any Union pilot.

Union/No Union, life will go on. What ever is going to happen in the future is going to happen and life will go on. Go home and hug your wife, kids, girlfriend, mistress etc.. and don't obsess over all this. None of what is going on right now is worth fighting with each other and creating a toxic work environment.

The best shot at Flight Options keeping their 1108 and having a shot at a next CBA is not to petition for single system. There is enough fracture within your ranks that a majority of 325 Flexjet pilots voting for no representation would likely result as the winner. It makes no sense to want us to vote with you and risk your goal of a next contract.

The problem with this I think if the Options pilots try to keep it separate then Ricci will just slowly dissolve us. He doesn't really care he wins. He has another company. If the lists merge and the Union is voted out he wins. What he doesn't want is the lists to merge and the Union voted in. That's the only win for the pilots.

Warlord, I agree that if DAC messes with out pay and benefits we will all vote for the IBT, but the problem is, DAC knows that and so they won't make any changes until after the union is decertified.

The IBT needs to come up with a plan for the flex folks. If you want us to play in the same sandbox, what's gonna happen to our seats/pay/schedule/benefits/QOL? From what I gather, if single carrier status is stated by the NMB, then a new contract is written up? The concern obviously is that flex will go backwards.

I dunno, I'm just rambling now. So many paths with outcomes that can't be determined without more info.

The way I understand it, if a single carrier is filed and the entire transportation system (F.O. Flex and furloughed) votes to be represented by the IBT the combined group would work under the current CBA. Of course fence agreements, as provided for in the CBA, would be negotiated to protect current fleet and seat positions, schedules etc. Fence agreements could also cover wages. I doubt the IBT, or any union for that matter, is going to be on-board for anyone taking pay cuts.

Also our current CBA becomes amendable (does not expire as KR said during his meeting) in late October, I think, so this would provide an opportunity to make improvements. During the negotiation period status quo would be in effect so nothing changes until a new contract is ratified by the pilots.

The union announced a while ago that they are meeting with the company on February 28th to discuss all of this. I think a lot more will be clear after that. Could probably go in a number of different directions.

One thing is for sure, there are people in management who must love the infighting they are witnessing on here. If we can find a way to all stick together we are all going to be fine.

Union/No Union, life will go on. What ever is going to happen in the future is going to happen and life will go on. Go home and hug your wife, kids, girlfriend, mistress etc.. and don't obsess over all this. None of what is going on right now is worth fighting with each other and creating a toxic work environment.

you don't get it Ricci has a long list at FLOPS and FLEX of guys that will be gotten rid of if the union is voted out, good people too! We have worked under Ricci, and we have endured his management style. We have all put a lot of time in this company to just give up what we have.

Also at FLOPS its not that Toxic because we don't get pushed (mostly from Middle Management) and its in writing so they cant mess with it, they have found loopholes (to be expected from a 1st contract), but for the most part not Toxic

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back