• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Management? It's your "House of Cards" and you have a way out. It's your call.

My house of cards? I'm not Flops. But a protracted fight negatively affected Flops last contract. I would hope management would avoid that this go.

What vote are you referring to? Single carrier? Explain to me how a single carrier vote is going to happen when your beloved IBT doesn't want it?

I apologize for the delay in responding to your questions, had a couple of busy flying days and just didn't feel like a dose of Flightinfo after getting to the hotel late.

Anyway, there is no such thing as a "single carrier vote". At a time of its own choosing, the IBT1108 may petition the NMB (National Mediation Board) to conduct an investigation and rule whether or not Flops and Flex are a single carrier. The vote to which I referred would happen after a ruling by the NMB which determined that the entities were in fact a single carrier. That vote would determine whether or not the employees of the carrier desired to be represented or not.

It is my opinion that our IBT 1108 leadership will not file with the NMB as long as a pay disparity exists between our CBA and the Flex pay scale. They know that the Flex crews would never vote to be represented under our current contract, which would result in a huge pay cut for them. Theoretically, the Flex crews could be pay protected by an LOA, but that would really piss off the Flight Options crews who would then be working for the same carrier, with the same seniority as their new brethren, but making a ton less money. So I believe that they will just continue with the current status quo until after a pay raise is negotiated for the Flops crews to bring them to parity.

Finally, I have previously made my opinion of my "beloved" IBT well known. I don't love or even particularly like the IBT, but I understand that they are the only viable option available for us, so I accept the bad along with the good.

I don't think that is entirely accurate. If the NMB board rules single carrier, pay is automatically frozen and a new contract is required. Even if options just got a new one on their on. No LOA to protect pay would be required, there is no chance of an automatic instant pay cut for Flex if single carrier status happens. Correct?

good evening Ricci and Rossi, I hope you two bastards are up late reading this from your exquisite Mexican villas. Fool us once shame on you, fool us twice shame on us. I look forward to the battle against your insatiable greed. Only this time we will be fighting with the protections of a federally recognized labor contract. Drag our deplorable wages, no 401k match, and deplorable working conditions out for as long as you like. Our pencils are sharp and our eyes are keen.

* Don't make the lower tier too attractive. Remember, says Ricci, that you can't possibly afford to pay all your employees more than they could make elsewhere. If you need salaries to average out at $30,000, you have to pay someone $15,000 for every person you pay $45,000. What you can offer at the lower end is experience.

"You can't afford to give a sweet deal to everyone, but you can find a way to give it to some" Kenneth Ricci

******************** you Kenny!

I don't think that is entirely accurate. If the NMB board rules single carrier, pay is automatically frozen and a new contract is required. Even if options just got a new one on their on. No LOA to protect pay would be required, there is no chance of an automatic instant pay cut for Flex if single carrier status happens. Correct?

Correct, there would be no automatic pay cut when single carrier status is established. However, the finding of single carrier status would trigger a vote by the combined pilot group on whether they wished to be represented by the IBT1108, not represented at all, or represented by another entity. Exactly how that vote would be structured, i have no idea.

As I understand it, if the vote is in favor of representation by the IBT1108, the combined group would be covered by the existing Flight Options CBA, since the Flex crews have no existing collective bargaining CBA, which would result in all crewmembers reverting to the FO pay scale unless the CBA is somehow amended by LOA or whatever.

I'm not a labor lawyer, this is simply what I have learned from watching the process, researching, and speaking to people involved in the process.

Correct, there would be no automatic pay cut when single carrier status is established. However, the finding of single carrier status would trigger a vote by the combined pilot group on whether they wished to be represented by the IBT1108, not represented at all, or represented by another entity. Exactly how that vote would be structured, i have no idea.

As I understand it, if the vote is in favor of representation by the IBT1108, the combined group would be covered by the existing Flight Options CBA, since the Flex crews have no existing collective bargaining CBA, which would result in all crewmembers reverting to the FO pay scale unless the CBA is somehow amended by LOA or whatever.

I'm not a labor lawyer, this is simply what I have learned from watching the process, researching, and speaking to people involved in the process.

Flex pay will be covered by a "fence agreement", it will not revert to our pay.

Everyone is so worried about PAY,PAY,PAY.. And that is very important I agree. But wait and see what your pay is worth when you have no work rules, no job protection, being threatened by your program managers, PSM, and even those little puke dispatchers that couldn't tell a airplane from a cruise ship.Being pushed over 14 hrs on a DAILY basis being pushed to fly over 10 hrs on a DAILY basis because its reasonably scheduled. And on top of that all you have no pay protection so they can swipe that away as easy as sending out a message on your BB..But don't worry trust Ken he will take care of you.SARCASM. in case somebody didn't understand that...

Shanes,

If you were truly be pushed over 14 hours of duty and 10 hours of flying repeatedly as you so profess, the all powerful IBT would be crying foul to the FAA. There are records of duty and flight times that the FAA can audit.

I understand that you are unhappy at FO, but exaggerating how bad things are to try to persuade people to join the IBT won't work.

We work long dates at FJ also. They aren't every day and the always are within the FAA rules. I bet if you compared our data you would see you don't have it as bad as you profess.

Ok TWA MR know it all until you have walked in our shoes. The reason we don't go over 14 anymore ( with no retaliation ) or refuse a 10/24 ( with no retaliation) is because we have work rules and protections. Before that if we refused a 14 hour day we would get several calls from the managers AKA pilot pushers each one having a higher title then the previous explaining why we have to complete the mission. There have been several calls to the FAA hotline (Pre- Union) with no result. Ask yourself why a Ohio based company has there FSDO in NY? One side of me would like to see FJ pilots vote out this union just so guys like you that speak with no idea what its like in the real world of FLOPS would end up saying "OH ******************** THEY WERE RIGHT" Good luck TWA

Latest resources

Back