• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Flex guys keeping talking about pay as why they don't want the 1108. Kenn is going to pay a Global captain $145k with no schedule. That should make you think where your pay is going. You guys have no idea how nasty this management team is and all I can say is you want work rules and representation. I caution you to not go into this with blinders on and thinking just because what you have had worked in the past that it won't change. Look hard at Riccis past and ask yourself is it likely he's going to change things. People like him don't change there business model. He's going to run the new company just like he ran Options and Corporate Wings.

As a side note for the Options guys I've heard 3 names that applied for the Global jobs. May, Moore and Marker. That's a surprise. At least 2 part of Kenns inhouse union pushers.

You guys are wasting your time trying to convince these Flex guys that things can be as bad as you say. Until you have experienced it yourself, I.E. post RTA merger cell phone ringing repeatedly at 3:00 am in hotel on rest and then security knocking on the door, you have no idea what reality working for Kenny is like. This is exactly how he wants things to return to being. The question both groups should be asking themselves, are we going to be the vehicle of one mans greed to bring down the last true competitor in the market place "netjets" with our substandard pay and working conditions? Fr8 says no, fr8 says to union no need to send union strike card when the time comes cause I already checked that box a long time ago. Kenn is going down this time, not the pilots.

Shanes,

I think TWA has a valid point. I hope you don't bring that attitude into the cockpit each day. You might want to try jerking it a couple of times each day to get that aggression out.

What's the deal with some of the overly aggressive and seemingly excited Flex crews that have been approaching XOJET crews regarding the supposed rumor they're buying all our 300s and leaving the crews behind? Since when do pilots have accurate information ahead of time? Is this Ken's whipsaw in action?

Shanes,

If you were truly be pushed over 14 hours of duty and 10 hours of flying repeatedly as you so profess, the all powerful IBT would be crying foul to the FAA. There are records of duty and flight times that the FAA can audit.

I understand that you are unhappy at FO, but exaggerating how bad things are to try to persuade people to join the IBT won't work.

We work long dates at FJ also. They aren't every day and the always are within the FAA rules. I bet if you compared our data you would see you don't have it as bad as you profess.

Actually your wrong, they routinely ask to work over 14 hrs, you don't have to accept, but they ask anyway. And they know who helps and who does not help

145K for a Global is the starting point, If you look at the Pro Pilot Compensation Salary Study, CA rates for Global's are 146K (average) 108K (low) and 191K (high).

Dime,

2 questions

What rest rules do you guys operate under? Unless you are doing a 91 position flight I don't see how a crew could accept anything over 14 hours.

What does your contract say. Isn't this the type of thing that the IBT promoters are saying having a union and contract will prevent us from having to endure.

What's the deal with some of the overly aggressive and seemingly excited Flex crews that have been approaching XOJET crews regarding the supposed rumor they're buying all our 300s and leaving the crews behind? Since when do pilots have accurate information ahead of time? Is this Ken's whipsaw in action?

The info is coming right from Kenn himself, he has been telling Flex and Flops crews this in the last month or two. It looks like he wants that CX as well as the 300's. But still no deal yet.

The info is coming right from Kenn himself, he has been telling Flex and Flops crews this in the last month or two. It looks like he wants that CX as well as the 300's. But still no deal yet.

I'm sure he does want them. What's surprising is how callous the crews have been who have approached our guys on the road. Until the ink is dry, there is no deal. Everybody needs to remember that.

Is it possible that Kenn is being so open with his "plans" (which to me seems very odd too, to share that kind of intel with the grunt labor so early on) just to pit the Flex and Flops pilots against each other as they fight over who would get to fly these new birds?

It shows a complete lack of class when a crew member from another operation comes up and starts talking about how great it will be to take your aircraft and put you on the street (insert ill informed speech about date-of-hire integration and McCaskill-Bond)....

and if it's also happening to XO guys as well, it's still a crappy thing to do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back