• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you one of the antiunion crowd? Spreading false information in the hopes of a decert vote? Don't be a tool. Here's how it really works. Single carrier petition, NMB ruling in the affirmative, representation vote elects the 1108 as bargaining agent, ALL FLEXJET PILOTS REPRESENTED BY THE 1108 AND PROTECTED BY DFR. Now the union's internal merger process kicks in and we merge lists accordingly. The vote for representation precedes the merger of the lists. I'm glad I could help you pull your head out of your ass before you suffocated.

Until proven otherwise, I stand by my post as a possible scenario. Yours, on the other hand, smacks more of vile hubris and wishful thinking than any kind of deep-seeded conviction.

Until proven otherwise, I stand by my post as a possible scenario. Yours, on the other hand, smacks more of vile hubris and wishful thinking than any kind of deep-seeded conviction.

Everything I've heard from people in the know jives with what doh said. IF there's a petition for single carrier, and then IF it is approved the two combined groups would vote for 3 options. A) Continue rep by the IBT under a brand new negotiated contract, status quo while said contract is formed. B) New in-house union, new contract, again status quo until it's in place. C) No union for all, presumably Flexjet pilot agreements remain in force, FO who knows. Nowhere have I heard a staple of either group being a possibility and that would be the quickest way to burn this place down altogether.

I know the Flex pilots won't ask for single carrier so that leaves 1108 or more than 50% of the FO pilots. The union prob won't ask because to stay in power they'd need more than 50% of the combined group's vote and that's not a very good bet. So that pretty much leaves the FO pilots who want to get rid of the IBT, could they get more than 50%?

PFP is headed the right direction. After reading a few summaries and the some of the actual RLA, I'm think my initial assessment of FJ not being an air carrier is incorrect.

As pilots we all focus on Flex not having a 135 certificate, I think that is a very narrow definition. I'm sure it will take a table surrounded by lawyers billing thousands of $/hour to NOT settle the issue and let it wind up in front of a court and later appeals courts. There is more riding on this than just a couple of hundred pilots flying little planes.

I'm sure there are contradicting definitions in the vast verbiage of government regulations but consider this regarding airport operations/safety:
http://www.faa.gov/airports/airport_safety/part139_cert/?p1=definitions

Everybody is an expert now. Good to hear Ricci is shopping for a new house because six is just not enough..........................

Everything I've heard from people in the know jives with what doh said. IF there's a petition for single carrier, and then IF it is approved the two combined groups would vote for 3 options. A) Continue rep by the IBT under a brand new negotiated contract, status quo while said contract is formed. B) New in-house union, new contract, again status quo until it's in place. C) No union for all, presumably Flexjet pilot agreements remain in force, FO who knows. Nowhere have I heard a staple of either group being a possibility and that would be the quickest way to burn this place down altogether.

I know the Flex pilots won't ask for single carrier so that leaves 1108 or more than 50% of the FO pilots. The union prob won't ask because to stay in power they'd need more than 50% of the combined group's vote and that's not a very good bet. So that pretty much leaves the FO pilots who want to get rid of the IBT, could they get more than 50%?

Seek more advice, what you have heard is wrong... if A) happens, we continue with the same contract, until it is amended. (however, that is coming up very quickly) B) any New "In-House" Union won't even get on the ballot, unless they are able to get 50%+1, before the representation vote. I also seriously doubt that anyone in the IBT leadership wants to staple the Flex pilots to the bottom, it wouldn't be in their long term interest.

To answer the last question, I doubt they have anywhere near 50%, but they do have a few loud mouths who pretend to have the support of the majority. If it were actually true, the IBT would already be out.

As things now stand, I do not envision a single carrier petition happening anytime soon. As in years, after the next FO contract is signed.

Kenn stated in his message that he wanted the consolidation of pilot groups to happen "as soon as possible". At this time, our union has absolutely no incentive to give him what he wants.

If Kenn would care to send his minions to the negotiating table and hash out a LOA raising FO pay scales and benefits to mirror Flex, then things would be different.

Until then, he can just cool his heels.

Unless IBT launches informational meetings they will not hold on. And if they don't and get decertified it will be there own fault. They need to communicate now more than ever. To many idiots at flops believe in there in house to further there own personal positions. Welcome back SFO program !!!

About the only correct statement here, well done

So far all of the FO crews I have talked to on the road have been very eager to share their views unions and KR. Here is what I have found from the 30 or so pilots I have had the time to really chat with:

Only 3 of the 30 were pro-IBT
Only 10 or so were pro-UPFO
17 were very anti-IBT and feel they are a roadblock to the future of FO

I asked each pilot why they felt the way they did. The IBT folks all said because they needed "protection". If we don't join the IBT we are all gonna be screwed. None of the had specifics, but basically said you'll see.

The UPFO group was basically anti IBT and before FJ came along thought that was their only other option. All the care about is getting away from the IBT and improving their quality if life.

The anti IBT folks were mostly that way before the FJ thing came along. It has only strengthened their views. They like KR and believe he will take care of them if the IBT goes away. They feel the pilots that stare their views are not organized enough to oust the IBT as it stands. They are very frustrated with the IBT and the "thugs" (their words not mine) that run it.

I hope in 18 months we can all look backin amazement at how different our pay and benefits were. The IBT folks on here will just tell you that KR will bring FJ down to FO. Leadership by intimidation and fear is not leadership.

Good luck to us all.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back