• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see a merger as a hard sell to the Delta pilots at this time. More 777s coming, more DC-9s parking.

I dunno, at last call, you don't have to work as hard to get her to sleep with you, but you do have to work.

Quite true FDJ2.
They may want to talk because the know what is going to happen to all of those 9's. Might want the DAL boys that just got hired take the brunt of that. Heck maybe I should apply for that Duty Pilot job.
I think the only thing that we as a group would accept is our offer. Thats a Shocker :cool: It is fair and balanced. If you think that you can predict what is on your CA's mind or this entire industry you are full of it. That is why there will never be any agreement for slotted seniority that we adjust in five years. (You can try but we will vote it down)
Of note there are more reasons that just the 787 in regard to fences. IE moving 400, and 777 around to maximize yeild. That will come sooner than later. Fences would just complicate the matter.

why do you guys all pretend you are fleet analysts for NWA. You guys dont know whats going on with the DC9s other than your Assumptions. You guys change your story week by week. I think it was you last week saying how Richard Anderson likes the dc9 and wants to keep more if we merge, yet now we are parking more DC9s? Do you guys just make that stuff up? there has been no further announcement of any additional aircraft retirements other than the announcement early this year as of right now. but thats factual info and i know you DAL guys tend to ignore anything factual during our discussions.;)

Last edited:
Exciting news. Lets hope this thing goes through sooner than later for everyone involved.

Ouch, see below.

DELTA AIR LINES NEW
(NYSE: DAL)
Last Trade: 8.95
Trade Time: 11:55AM ET
Change: Down 1.02 (10.23%)
Prev Close: 9.97
Open: 10.04
Bid: N/A
Ask: N/A
1y Target Est: 20.56
Day's Range: 8.90 - 10.04
52wk Range: 8.61 - 21.95
Volume: 2,101,770
Avg Vol (3m): 5,116,860
Market Cap: 2.62B
P/E (ttm): 2.19
EPS (ttm): 4.09
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A

Last edited:
maybe you should be the ones "spooked"

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/travel/2008-03-24-jet-fuel-costs_N.htm

sucks for everyone, but it appears more so for DAL. Bottom line the industry is on the verge of being in a world of hurt and maybe the NWA guys are being realists. What would it take for the DAL guys to wake up and realize every thing isn't "peachy"
Notice in the article that at $100/barrel NWA loses 1/4 the amount that DAL does and Jetblue loses more than NWA, even with their fuel efficient fleet.

Notice in the article that at $100/barrel NWA loses 1/4 the amount that DAL does and Jetblue loses more than NWA, even with their fuel efficient fleet.

Yup that was my point, most of the DAL guys on here will overlook any negative information that is presented about DAL. In the meantime they will try and point out and exaggerate anything they can assume negative about NWA, because they are experts on NWA and evidently not so much on their own company. It gets very repetitive when they try and pretend they know all about the future plans of the DC9 yet the numbers show DAL losing more money with higher fuel costs then NWA even with the DC9's. Its nice not having lease payments on new planes when times get tough. go figure:cool:

Cool! Will I get the secret Batphone access code then or will there be some kinda fence on that?

Don't hold your breath, last I heard is that we would have a probation period and then have to interview with the General. I heard that the main requirement to pass the test is that all nutrition must only come from the company kool-aid (oh, and only for international pilots with cool layovers like Rio).

Guess we will have to remain in the dark and get our info here....

Don't hold your breath, last I heard is that we would have a probation period and then have to interview with the General. I heard that the main requirement to pass the test is that all nutrition must only come from the company kool-aid (oh, and only for international pilots with cool layovers like Rio).

Guess we will have to remain in the dark and get our info here....
So if we get to the convention center/Georgia Dome/U.S. Senate late, due to not getting the Batphone call or seeing the giant Widget in the sky, will we still be allowed in?!?

Exciting news. Lets hope this thing goes through sooner than later for everyone involved.

Ouch, see below.

DELTA AIR LINES NEW
(NYSE: DAL)
Last Trade: 8.95
Trade Time: 11:55AM ET
Change: Down 1.02 (10.23%)
Prev Close: 9.97
Open: 10.04
Bid: N/A

Ask: N/A
1y Target Est: 20.56
Day's Range: 8.90 - 10.04
52wk Range: 8.61 - 21.95
Volume: 2,101,770
Avg Vol (3m): 5,116,860
Market Cap: 2.62B
P/E (ttm): 2.19
EPS (ttm): 4.09
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A

I wonder how happy the hedge fund guys are after DAL is $13.00+ from it's 52 week high and NWA is $17.00+ off it's 52 week high.
The two combined barely total over 20 bucks. Yikes!

I wonder how happy the hedge fund guys are after DAL is $13.00+ from it's 52 week high and NWA is $17.00+ off it's 52 week high.
The two combined barely total over 20 bucks. Yikes!
Happy to see them merge and get that stock price up. It's going to happen and will be good for everybody involved.
Ticket prices will go up, stock will go up and MSP will soon be seeing 777's flying out to exotic destinations. Buddy of mine at Boeing, who works in the 777 Dept, said they were up in MSP checking things out. Things that make you go hmmmm?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back