• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both sides see fuel prices rising, the economy going south, legacies trimming the fleet and are thinking.....

"hey we might as well merge and sacrifice a couple thousand junior pilots in order to keep the airline afloat."

Gup

Dude...stop getting on this board and pretending to act like you know exactly what is happening with the details of the merger.

YOU DON'T!!!

Neither does any of us on this forum (that posts anyway).

The only fact here is that the Delta posters think a merger is impossible and the NW posters believe it is inevitable.

Well my source is a conversation I had with the Chairman of LEC44, He told me yesterday the deal is dead, he stated at our recent LEC meeting last week, in front of 300 pilots the deal is dead. Thunderous applause from those in attendance at the news. I'll take his word for it.

Now if NWALPA comes in with a favorable offer that can win us over. You might have a shot at breathing new life into the process. We all know NWALPA has been trying to get the ball rolling on this again. I wonder why?

http://www.homeandawaymagazine.com/content.cfm?n=396

Last edited:
We've been down this road several times already.

I see a merger as a hard sell to the Delta pilots at this time. More 777s coming, more DC-9s parking.
Yawn..broken record.

I don't know man...they got that Bat Phone thing.....Easy now..EASY!! You don't want 3000 deltoids on your front lawn this afternoon do ya?

If your MEC has it's way you'll be a deltoid one day. NWALPA has been pushing hard to breathe new life into this merger. I wonder what they've heard recently that's got them so spooked.

Quite true FDJ2.
They may want to talk because the know what is going to happen to all of those 9's. Might want the DAL boys that just got hired take the brunt of that. Heck maybe I should apply for that Duty Pilot job.
I think the only thing that we as a group would accept is our offer. It is fair and balanced. If you think that you can predict what is on your CA's mind or this entire industry you are full of it. That is why there will never be any agreement for slotted seniority that we adjust in five years. (You can try but we will vote it down)
Of note there are more reasons that just the 787 in regard to fences. IE moving 400, and 777 around to maximize yeild. That will come sooner than later. Fences would just complicate the matter.

If your MEC has it's way you'll be a deltoid one day. NWALPA has been pushing hard to breathe new life into this merger. I wonder what they've heard recently that's got them so spooked.

maybe you should be the ones "spooked"

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/travel/2008-03-24-jet-fuel-costs_N.htm

sucks for everyone, but it appears more so for DAL. Bottom line the industry is on the verge of being in a world of hurt and maybe the NWA guys are being realists. What would it take for the DAL guys to wake up and realize every thing isn't "peachy"

Not spooked at all. Read what has already been put out long ago. NWAALPA believes that consolidation is inevitable. NWAALPA, unlike DALPA, believes that you don't have as much say as you think you do in whether your Fortune 150 company, and the shareholders,creditors, and BOD (you only have 1 seat), decides to do a merger or not despite soundbites from RA and EB. Show me a legal document that gives DALPA the ability to stop a merger.

Besides, as all knowing as you claim to be, if NWAALPA was hearing something that had them worried I'm sure we would have heard it from you right away:rolleyes:.
If your MEC has it's way you'll be a deltoid one day
Cool! Will I get the secret Batphone access code then or will there be some kinda fence on that?

Last edited:
It doesn't change the fact that it is true.
Yeah, right..I would say a word about the 787 coming to NWA, but you will just give some smart a$$ comment about "when it comes, if it ever does "...etc etc
same old rhetoric.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back