• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Notice in the article that at $100/barrel NWA loses 1/4 the amount that DAL does and Jetblue loses more than NWA, even with their fuel efficient fleet.

Is that analysis with or without all of the DC9s? Probably without.

Bye Bye--General Lee

A couple thousand pilots sacrificed? Only if the DC9s are brought on property. Also, any merger would include no furlough protections, which include high fuel prices.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess you're running out of comments or bs assumptions. Why is it that DAL will lose A LOT more money with high oil costs than NWA? If the DC9 is such a money drain on our business plan shouldnt it be the other way around?:confused:

I'm actually hoping the merger happens after something I heard...

A friend of mine told me he was in a stall next to a Delta pilot and when the guy took a dump it smelled like lavender, no kidding, fresh cut lavender.

He also said that there was this beautiful glow coming from the stall. He said it had was like sunlight, but had all the colors of the rainbow.

Just being around those guys would be worth giving up all your seniority!

I guess you're running out of comments or bs assumptions. Why is it that DAL will lose A LOT more money with high oil costs than NWA? If the DC9 is such a money drain on our business plan shouldnt it be the other way around?:confused:

With the INTL expansion going on (and very little new INTL expansion on your side due to lack of new airplanes) we have the ability to gain extra revenue and profits when adding these routes. Each time we add a new route we add a new revenue stream. You guys are replacing your DC9s with CR9s at a record pace. (look at DTW to YUL--all 9s replaced with CR9s)

As far as profits go, our CFO/PRES Ed Bastain stated at the last conference that due to high oil we might be down $100 million by the end of the year, but our cash flow is good and we are doing fine overall. He said we may even squeek out a small profit. We'll see I guess....

If we are such a money loser, then why is your MEC so inclined to put a deal together? Go for a money maker---like AMR ;). They would love to talk to you guys.

Also, I will NEVER run out of comments.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Is that analysis with or without all of the DC9s? Probably without.

Bye Bye--General Lee

See it never changes, you spin anything and everything you can to try and justify your BS. Do you really think they said hey lets do this analysis but hey lets pretend NWA parked all DC9s? Get a clue, DAL needs the merger more than NWA thats why DAL started this whole thing. The northwest guys know this is going to happen whether or not DALALPA wants to or not. IF mgmt thinks they need it they are going to push it.

See it never changes, you spin anything and everything you can to try and justify your BS. Do you really think they said hey lets do this analysis but hey lets pretend NWA parked all DC9s? Get a clue, DAL needs the merger more than NWA thats why DAL started this whole thing. The northwest guys know this is going to happen whether or not DALALPA wants to or not. IF mgmt thinks they need it they are going to push it.

We need it more than you? Anderson was FORCED to look into it thanks to the board members originating from the creditor committees. They wanted to maximize their options. Anderson looked into it, and then said unless we get seniority protection, then no way. That is why we started it. Why is your MEC continuing it? That is the real question. I think they know something. What could it be? You answer this one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

With the INTL expansion going on (and very little new INTL expansion on your side due to lack of new airplanes) we have the ability to gain extra revenue and profits when adding these routes. Each time we add a new route we add a new revenue stream. You guys are replacing your DC9s with CR9s at a record pace. (look at DTW to YUL--all 9s replaced with CR9s) Oh yeah i guess i forgot you DAL guys never gave up any flying :eek: you are the last pilot group that needs to be poking sticks about scope. At least we have a cap on our scope clause. Oh i saw a pinnacle crj 900 in iah the other day, It looked sharp in DAL colors :erm: What plane did that replace, oh yeah never mind that used to be a 737 and md88. again get a clue.

As far as profits go, our CFO/PRES Ed Bastain stated at the last conference that due to high oil we might be down $100 million by the end of the year, but our cash flow is good and we are doing fine overall. He said we may even squeek out a small profit. We'll see I guess....everything's just "peachy" huh? Reality is calling!! The industry is going to be seeing a lot of changes coming up and whether you want to admit it or not you guys need the merger more than we do.

If we are such a money loser, then why is your MEC so inclined to put a deal together? Our MEC probably knows its on the horizon either way and we might as well keep talks going so its not completely forced down our throats. If its going to happen regardless wouldnt it be nice to get some money and contract gains out of it for both pilot groups? Go for a money maker---like AMR ;). They would love to talk to you guys.

Also, I will NEVER run out of comments.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Discuss :p

maybe you should be the ones "spooked"

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/travel/2008-03-24-jet-fuel-costs_N.htm

sucks for everyone, but it appears more so for DAL. Bottom line the industry is on the verge of being in a world of hurt and maybe the NWA guys are being realists. What would it take for the DAL guys to wake up and realize every thing isn't "peachy"

Realists? Are you sure about that? Then why would you enter a negotiation with such a polarizing, unworkable position in the first place? From an outsider's perspective, I keep seeing NWA wanting to reengage after being rebuffed. Why the need to reengage unless something has changed? I thought you guys said you didn't need Delta to survive and prosper going forward? If so, then why reengage?

You guys are like stalkers saying, "It will be INEVITABLE that you will LOVE ME. Trust me, I am a REALIST..."

We need it more than you? Anderson was FORCED to look into it thanks to the board members originating from the creditor committees. They wanted to maximize their options. Anderson looked into it, and then said unless we get seniority protection, then no way. That is why we started it. Why is your MEC continuing it? That is the real question. I think they know something. What could it be? You answer this one. Already answered it in a previous post. The NWA MEC knows that no matter what GL thinks, mgmt will try it anyway if they think they need to or want to. so we might as well keep the talks going so we can come out of this ahead as 1 pilot group. Money, QOL, Job Protection, etc. Or we could continue to fight like children and get nothing out of it and it still gets shoved down our throats.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do you have any recollection of your beloved Anderson? You have been in the business long enough to know that he doesnt give a shat about your seniority no matter how many times he says it.

Airline $75 $95 $100 $110

Delta $538 $100 $260 $579
Northwest $488 $43 $69 $291

Total majors $2,913 $709 $1,615 $3,426

Delta would lose an ave of 420 mil at $105 per ball.
NWA would lose and ave of 180 mil at $105 per ball.

Looks like Delta needs the merger more. And yeah of course those numbers are with the -9's. Spin Spin Spin.

Latest resources

Back