• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Realists? Are you sure about that? Then why would you enter a negotiation with such a polarizing, unworkable position in the first place? From an outsider's perspective, I keep seeing NWA wanting to reengage after being rebuffed. Why the need to reengage unless something has changed? I thought you guys said you didn't need Delta to survive and prosper going forward? If so, then why reengage?

You guys are like stalkers saying, "It will be INEVITABLE that you will LOVE ME. Trust me, I am a REALIST..."

Well here is the most important aspect, The info i have been presented is almost completely opposite as to what the DAL guys are saying and they say the same from their side. So there is a big disconnect in the real discussions and FI discussions, Go figure. ;)

Last edited:
Well here is the most important aspect, The info i have been presented is almost completely opposite as to what the DAL guys are saying. So there is a big disconnect in the real discussions and FI discussions, Go figure. ;)

Superpilot92,
You do realize that "the DAL guys" you are talking to here on FI, are really one guy with a bunch of usernames.

Superpilot92,
You do realize that "the DAL guys" you are talking to here on FI, are really one guy with a bunch of usernames.

probably, thats why i always try to say, "most" dal guys because i know every DAL guy isnt as disconnected from reality as "the DAL guys" ;) from FI are.:nuts:

I am not the one that reported parking the DC 9's but I am curious why your MEC keeps coming back to the table with no change in position.
Don't you think that our position would be a little softer if we had not conferred with our management?
I do not know for sure, but I think that there have been some very frank discussions down here in ATL over all of this.
My take on this is: The NWA MEC thinks we have a gun to our head as we think you have a gun to your head. I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but we are not the ones begging to come back to the table. Are we?

Thread hijack about 400ahole.

probably, thats why i always try to say, "most" dal guys because i know every DAL guy isnt as disconnected from reality as "the DAL guys" ;) from FI are.:nuts:

Sorry for the thread hijack......

Superpilot:
Some interesting information for you regarding 400ahole:

He is the same poster who once owned the following screen names:

Chuck Yogurt
Lawman
Einstein
Texas Crotch rot
Boris Yelling
Lame Lizard
Sky fly

If you look at how many times this annoying little prick has been banned under how many different screen names you'll understand his post. Also something of mention. He is currently a f/o for midwest airlines, and has a vested interest in seeing NWA succeed as per your ownership of midwest. He has been furloughed, and turned down by many airlines, and is stuck at midwest.

He also wrote the following comment when US Airways tried thier hostile takeove of DAL.

On 1/13/07 400AHOLE wrote:
Thanks Whiskey! Lets hope this thing goes through sooner than later.
Then on 1/22/07 Mr. 400AHOLE writes:
WD, for your sake and the rest of the America West and USAIr guys I hope this whole thing doesn't go thru.

Hey 400ahole.....YOU JUST GOT OWNED!

I am not the one that reported parking the DC 9's but I am curious why your MEC keeps coming back to the table with no change in position. I already gave my opinion on that.
Don't you think that our position would be a little softer if we had not conferred with our management?Was that the discussion before your mgmt team announced parking mainline aircraft. Seemed pretty odd that right after Moak gave us the finger, DAL announced parking those planes and cutting jobs.
I do not know for sure, but I think that there have been some very frank discussions down here in ATL over all of this.
My take on this is: The NWA MEC thinks we have a gun to our head as we think you have a gun to your head. I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but we are not the ones begging to come back to the table. Are we? I agree there is a disconnect. In reality and mgmt will probably announce it anyway, forcing us into making a decision. They knew we wouldnt just go into a room, hug and make a joint decision. Like Occam says until there is a deadline nothing will be decided [/quote]

Another point is some discussions have already taken place with CAL and NWA and since NWA holds the Golden share with CAL, NWA probably would attempt a go with CAL if DAL doesnt work. Putting NWA/CAL in a good position. Then DAL will probably try with UAL, Good luck with that. Between the seniority talks and mega debt that would be incurred you guys know you have a much better chance making it and coming ahead with NWA than any other carrier. Then there is AA, you could try that ;)

In all seriousness good luck i hope it works out for us all.:beer:

Last edited:
Realists? Are you sure about that? Then why would you enter a negotiation with such a polarizing, unworkable position in the first place?

If the NWA position is so "polarizing" and "unworkable" then why is DALPA so terrified of mediated arbitration? Perhaps the reality of the situation is 180 degrees out of phase with your perception of it.

Looked to me more like DALPA's bluff was called and they poo-ed a little and then took their cards and went home.

Well here is the most important aspect, The info i have been presented is almost completely opposite as to what the DAL guys are saying and they say the same from their side. So there is a big disconnect in the real discussions and FI discussions, Go figure. ;)

Well, if that's the case, let's hope the merger never happens so that both sides can be happy. And then we can roll the dice and see who survives/prospers...

If the NWA position is so "polarizing" and "unworkable" then why is DALPA so terrified of mediated arbitration? Perhaps the reality of the situation is 180 degrees out of phase with your perception of it.

Looked to me more like DALPA's bluff was called and they poo-ed a little and then took their cards and went home.

Mediated arbitration will not work. Check out USAirways/AWA - it will not work. Do you want two pilots groups that ultimately can't work together due to lingering disagreements over fairness? That will be the result of arbitration. Plus, arbitration might not include all of the previous incentives thrown at the two pilot groups to actually work together - do you remember those incentives?

Looks like the window of opportunity might have closed for good - great work!

maybe you should be the ones "spooked"

•Northwest Airlines. CEO Doug Steenland two weeks ago called oil prices, which were then at $105 a barrel, a "serious budget breaker," because an average annual price above $100 a barrel would add $1.7 billion to Northwest's fuel bill this year. That's more than double its 2007 pretax profit of $764 million.

Ouch!

Latest resources

Back