First year pay at Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mrswede said:
How many days off and how much money could you expect first year at Continental? Is there open time to fly?

$29.97/hr at 76 hrs/mo guarantee.

Min of 12 days off per month.

Lots of open time now, but when PBS starts in Jan 06, not.

When does health insurance kick in?

Thanks

Health Insurance kicks in at 6 months. Do yourself a favor, get a job at Burger King which will pay you more. Besides....when you get furloughed you already have a job. Good day to ya.

densoo said:
$29.97/hr at 76 hrs/mo guarantee.

Min of 12 days off per month.

Lots of open time now, but when PBS starts in Jan 06, not.

$27,300/yr. ??? No health insurance for 6 months ??? :eek:

I love how the unions have done such a splendid job of looking out for the junior guys. :rolleyes:

i second that observation. i have always been amazed how crappy the new guys are treated as well. they just bend over and take it-- i did too in 86.

Last edited:
semperfido said:
i second that observation. i have always been amazed how crappy the new guys are treated as well. they just bend over and take it-- i did too in 86.

You could go to work for Wegman's as a grocery stockboy and be better off the first year.. One of the better first year pay rates is where ? JetBlue. Notably a non-union carrier (and yes, I think the EMB-190 rates WILL go up... and no, I don't work there). Point is that after all of the years of collective bargaining at carriers like Continental, Delta, United, and American the first year pay rates at ALL OF THEM are embarrassing. Way to go ALPA/APA !!!

What's even more amazing is that people happily line up out the door for that type of a$$-whipping. :rolleyes:

For those that don't know, Wegmans is a very successful supermarket based out of Rochester, NY, with more then 70 stores throughout the northeast, mostly NY.

Point is that after all of the years of collective bargaining at carriers like Continental, Delta, United, and American the first year pay rates at ALL OF THEM are embarrassing. Way to go ALPA/APA !!!

Delta new hire pay is $56-58 an hour now.... Although, you won't see a new hire for quite some time....

Just an observation-

h25b said:
$27,300/yr. ??? No health insurance for 6 months ??? :eek:

I love how the unions have done such a splendid job of looking out for the junior guys. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is CAL used to be the bottom feeders when it came to pay. Now there is a new concessionary contract that was signed and it's near the middle of the pack. Shows how far things have fallen. How can you go from bottom to middle of the pack without a pay raise? We know the answer it was a rhetorical question.

ALPA came on property a few years back talking about how they would change things and make CAL the highest paid in the industry. I think they talk a big talk, but haven't done sh!t for the pilot group. I think ALPA is a joke.

Latest resources

Back