• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First Pinnacle CRJ delivered to Mesaba.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An aircraft damaged to the extent that it is not economically feasible to repair it.

Care to wager on how many hull losses Pinnacle has had? I'll give you a clue: it's a lot less than you think.

If you were "scared" you should have brought it to the attention of the crew, the union, and then the company and the FAA in that order if you didn't get the desired answers. Did you do any of the above? In my situation I did.

I certainly hope you pushed it no further than the union level. No reason to rat out fellow crewmembers to the company or FAA. Let the union handle it.

The difference between Comair and Pinnacle is that Pinnacle has a history of accidents and incidents all attributed to POOR decision making by the flight crew.

Not exactly sure Comair is the best one to use there...

I certainly hope you pushed it no further than the union level. No reason to rat out fellow crewmembers to the company or FAA. Let the union handle it.

I agree let the union look at it first. If that doesn't fix the problem, then it is your responsibility to take it further. If somebody is that unnsafe, it may be your family flying with that crew in the future. If somebody is unsafe "ratting" them out does nothing but make the industry safer. Don't be thin skinned. Protecting unsafe pilots hurts us all.

Okay, let me just add something to this thead, stop pointing fingers and calling names. I know this for what it is, its detrimental to our profession. Here are a couple things to think about. accidents/incidents are cause by a number of factors, including unprofessionalism, inexperience, and just bad luck (lack of sleep, bad weather then multiple failures). I am an XJ pilot, and I know this, there are pleanty of good 9E pilots, I have met them on many occasions. Then there are the few tools I have met that worked at 9E (oh by the way, there are tools at XJ too). The bottom line is that 9E had growing pains, there is no arguing that. The thing that needs to happen is that we (XJ), need to learn from that and prevent our growing pains.

By growing pains I mean training our less experienced captains and first officers to a higher level before releasing them to the line. By policing the idiots out there who act like cocks infront of everyone. What do I mean by that? Lets see, I saw a new first officer in the crew room that was wearing his aviator style sunglasses in the crew room......thats a tool. Or first officers who have only a few months at the company, who complain that they are on reserve.....or have not upgraded yet.......wow

Okay, let me just add something to this thead, stop pointing fingers and calling names. I know this for what it is, its detrimental to our profession. Here are a couple things to think about. accidents/incidents are cause by a number of factors, including unprofessionalism, inexperience, and just bad luck (lack of sleep, bad weather then multiple failures). I am an XJ pilot, and I know this, there are pleanty of good 9E pilots, I have met them on many occasions. Then there are the few tools I have met that worked at 9E (oh by the way, there are tools at XJ too). The bottom line is that 9E had growing pains, there is no arguing that. The thing that needs to happen is that we (XJ), need to learn from that and prevent our growing pains.

By growing pains I mean training our less experienced captains and first officers to a higher level before releasing them to the line. By policing the idiots out there who act like cocks infront of everyone. What do I mean by that? Lets see, I saw a new first officer in the crew room that was wearing his aviator style sunglasses in the crew room......thats a tool. Or first officers who have only a few months at the company, who complain that they are on reserve.....or have not upgraded yet.......wow

*clap*clap*clap*

Thanks. Not all of us 9E pilots are bad. Most of us are level-headed, skilled pilots. I think Seven has his thong on the wrong way, and needs to stop the hate of 9E. Doesn't help our cause toward a good contract and makes him look like a whiny 16 year old girl who didn't get her dad's Lincoln keys.

Good luck in the coming days, PCL guys and gals. I hope you get a good contract that blows Mesaba's out of the water. Now THAT is a win we could all share in to the betterment of the whole industry.

Give 'em h#ll.

Just talked to a friend who works at XJ, he said they have 6 people in class with less than 300 hours. But they know not to wear their sunglasses, backpacks, and IPOD's in the terminal.:rolleyes: :smash:

Latest resources

Back