First Pinnacle CRJ delivered to Mesaba.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smarta$$

Read on our Pinnacle board that one of our crews delivered the first of our 15 CRJs to Mesaba MX.

Give our planes a good new home. And scrub off that phildo smell.

Read on our Pinnacle board that one of our crews delivered the first of our 15 CRJs to Mesaba MX.

Give our planes a good new home. And scrub off that phildo smell.

Those have always been XJ's planes. Streeland just loaned them to Phil to get the 9E pilots to bend.

Didn't work too well, I voted YES this afternoon.

Last edited:
Rats... we should have signed the management contract offer by March 31 this year...

NOT!

PT + his cronies = the devil

Those have always been XJ's planes. Streeland just loaned them to Phil to get the 9E pilots to bend.

Didn't work too well, I voted YES this afternoon.

I am glad you voted yes, I did too. However, Those planes were built, delivered and on line at pinnacle before NW Filed for bankruptcy. They were never intended for mesaba.

Now, with the new ASA, I agree that phildo and steemland NEVER intended for pinnacle to have them back permanently. It was just a carrot. But they were our planes.

I was told last summer from one of your captains that per your agreement with NWA that they could take back planes on a 1 for 1 basis up to a specified number if you were to take on flying outside NWA. Did anyone else hear this? The timing and quanity agree.

I was told last summer from one of your captains that per your agreement with NWA that they could take back planes on a 1 for 1 basis up to a specified number if you were to take on flying outside NWA. Did anyone else hear this? The timing and quanity agree.

it sounds good, but I don't remember hearing that...

I think it's funny how our management is trying to play the "we're losing airplanes and flying" card against us. We, the pilot group, are like "we don't care. Take the airplanes away from us!!!"

No. The new 10-year service agreement PCL signed in Dec. 2006 did allow NWA to move the 17 -200s if a new TA wasn't reached by March of this year, which it wasn't. But the agreement locks in the remaining 100+ -200s for 10 years AND allows Pinnacle to pursue outside flying, which enabled them to buy Colgan and sign the Delta deal.

What does everyone keep talking about Pinnacle losing 17 planes? You're having 15 transferred. The extra 2 are the ones that were originally delivered to XJ in 2005 as apart of the 15 we had PLANNED to take delivery of.

Fall 2005 = 601 and 602 delivered.
Summer 2006 = 601 goes to Compass
Late Summer 2007 = 601 returns to XJ
Fall 2007 = the 15 start their transfer to XJ from 9E.

Total CRJ fleet at Mesaba will total 17. Wether or not these 15 were INTENDED for Mesaba but ended up at 9E is a matter of debate. Only NWA and perhaps 9E/XJ mgmt know the real truth.

FO

Wether or not these 15 were INTENDED for Mesaba but ended up at 9E is a matter of debate.

Its not much a debate. PCL received their last CRJ prior to XJ receiving their first. The CRJ that just went to XJ was built for PCL and delivered prior to the announcement that XJ would even be a CJR operator. There isn't much latitude in arguing where these aircraft were "intended" to go.

If there was an intention of these planes going somewhere other than where they ended up it would be nothing more than a boardroom innuendo. In fact I would bet that if they were intended to go anywhere other than PCL I would bet it was Big Sky.

Time - that was my point. Nobody can say those 15 were intended for Mesaba or anyone else other than who they were delivered to. Nobody knows, certainly not a regular line pilot. The comment that was made bychickensled was complete speculation and off the cuff. Debateable was a friendly way for calling BS on the orginal comment.

FO

Latest resources

Back