• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First Pinnacle CRJ delivered to Mesaba.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FO....That was some deep contemplation there. I'll bet you need a drink or a cigarette now. Come to think of it, so do I. I'll be right over!

Time - that was my point. Nobody can say those 15 were intended for Mesaba or anyone else other than who they were delivered to. Nobody knows, certainly not a regular line pilot. The comment that was made bychickensled was complete speculation and off the cuff. Debateable was a friendly way for calling BS on the orginal comment.

FO

Sorry, I will restate. My "opinion" was based on the timeline since the bankruptcy. They were originally 9E's ships, sorry if I made it seem otherwise.

But they were our planes.

"Our" planes is subjective. We don't own any airplanes. Actually, scratch that, we just bought the first two CRJ900s, and are getting more for Delta Connection flying. But the NWA Airlink CRJs are owned by NWA, and leased to us. These planes are "ours" in the sense that we lease them. We don't own them.

Someone can correct me, but I'm pretty sure all our 200s are leased from NWA.

"Our" planes is subjective. We don't own any airplanes. Actually, scratch that, we just bought the first two CRJ900s, and are getting more for Delta Connection flying. But the NWA Airlink CRJs are owned by NWA, and leased to us. These planes are "ours" in the sense that we lease them. We don't own them.

Someone can correct me, but I'm pretty sure all our 200s are leased from NWA.

Bank(s) (I think Wells Fargo...possible others) own the aircraft. Leased to NWA. Subleased to Pinnacle.

b.t.w. XJ could not spare the crew to ferry the plane. A 9E plane had to do it and deadhead out. 2 a/c a month for 7 months or so. 9E got 1.5 mil for having to fly the extra planes plus the fees for departure for operating them. That owul djust about pay for a fair contract but it probably went for phil's christmas bonus.

But the agreement locks in the remaining 100+ -200s for 10 years

Well, not exactly. According to the ASA, NWA can start taking more CRJ's from Pinnacle if Pinnacle flies more than 20 jets for another carrier, i.e. Delta.

Pinnacle will be flying 16 jets for Delta very soon, and 16 is not far away from 20. After they fly jet #20 for Delta, NWA starts pulling the CRJ's on a one-for-two basis. Meaning they pull one CRJ for every two planes Pinnacle flies for Delta. But...NWA can only pull up to 20 CRJ's for this reason.

The highlights of the revised 2006 Pinnacle-NWA airline service agreement (ASA) is outlined in the 2006 annual report (Form 10K). Everything Liv'n on credit just wrote is toward the bottom of page 7. NWA can only pull 20 airplanes total and no more than 5 in any 12-month period.

The highlights of the revised 2006 Pinnacle-NWA airline service agreement (ASA) is outlined in the 2006 annual report (Form 10K). Everything Liv'n on credit just wrote is toward the bottom of page 7. NWA can only pull 20 airplanes total and no more than 5 in any 12-month period.

Interesting, because I believe I read a statement from PCL somewhere that the first 16 -900s for DAL will not be profitable until they get 20 or more.

After watching this airplane merry-go-round between Mesaba and Pinnacle, nee Express I, it doesn't make a hill of beans difference where these planes start or end. In five years, when Mesaba is negotiating their contract, half their RJs and 900s could end up at Pinnacle. It is a management shell game that is brought up from time to time by pilots to simply start an arguement.

The Mesaba and Pinnacle pilots are mutual victims of a management group that literally hates its own employees. And, by the way, the feeling is mutual. If PT were on fire, I would not relax the bladder sphincter to help put him out.

Latest resources

Back