• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

First Pinnacle CRJ delivered to Mesaba.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Mesaba and Pinnacle pilots are mutual victims of a management group that literally hates its own employees. And, by the way, the feeling is mutual. If PT were on fire, I would not relax the bladder sphincter to help put him out.
deleted

I just hope the MX on these is better than that on the Saabs (360 series) that we got from 9E. Total junk, and months of down time.

I just hope the MX on these is better than that on the Saabs (360 series) that we got from 9E. Total junk, and months of down time.

These aren't 20+ year old Saabs your getting here. None of these CRJ's are even close to their first heavy check.

by the way, any idea if a mediator's release is in the picture? Or will you guys have to wait for a new administration? (hint to all you right-wingers and republicans...)

You may love the bushies, but they love you too-chained to your aircraft and your old contract!

These aren't 20+ year old Saabs your getting here. None of these CRJ's are even close to their first heavy check.

Neither were those. When we got them they were about 10 - 11 years old. Apparently 9E did the absolute minimum MX required by FARs. They did absolutely none of the "recommended" mx that Saab would prefer to have done. Nearly each one we received spent nearly a month fixing the obvious (and I mean VERY obvious) defects. It took the next year or two to fix the thousands of other things that kept coming up with these aircraft. Just a totally different corporate culture regarding mx and safety. I hope I am wrong about the 200's, but past history with 9E when it comes to safety and mx would show something different.

Neither were those. When we got them they were about 10 - 11 years old. Apparently 9E did the absolute minimum MX required by FARs. They did absolutely none of the "recommended" mx that Saab would prefer to have done. Nearly each one we received spent nearly a month fixing the obvious (and I mean VERY obvious) defects. It took the next year or two to fix the thousands of other things that kept coming up with these aircraft. Just a totally different corporate culture regarding mx and safety. I hope I am wrong about the 200's, but past history with 9E when it comes to safety and mx would show something different.

Why do you have such a hard-on for 9E?

Personal experience on a flight I was on, as well as having a relative killed on one of their flights. Simple enough?

Did you bring your personal experience to the crew's attention? And if your relative was killed in Hibbing, that's unfortunate. All the U.S. majors (pax) have had fatal accidents attributed to pilot error. Do you have as much resentment for them as well?

Last edited:
All the U.S. majors (pax) have had fatal accidents attributed to pilot error. Do you have as much resentment for them as well?

Correction -

America West never killed any pax.

Southwest never killed any pax (barring the dude that was suffocated by fellow pax).

Latest resources

Back