• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finished With the Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not fed up with this $hit. My company is highly profitable and will be hiring shortly. I'm a 7yr F/O, I fly widebodies internationally and I make over $175,000 (NOT including per diem) flying just a few open trips a year.
And that is why you are our idol. What's your next suggestion: that he call UPS and notify them he will start work Monday?

Better yet...he should just drop his resume off for the CEO's position. I hear they make alot of money too, ya know...

Not trying to rub anything in, just to point out that there are still good flying jobs out there. I'm fortunate enough to have one.

I know what you are trying to say. You do have a good job. The problem is there are tons of people wanting a job like you have. Consider yourself fortunate to have landed it. I feel for these guys that are out on the street and hope things will turn around soon for all of us.

I'm not fed up with this $hit. My company is highly profitable and will be hiring shortly. I'm a 7yr F/O, I fly widebodies internationally and I make over $175,000 (NOT including per diem) flying just a few open trips a year.

You credit over 107 hours per month "just flying a few open trips?"

You credit over 107 hours per month "just flying a few open trips?"

UPS pilots have pretty good work rules and high-credit international trips, especially on the MD and the "Z"...not including international override and other additional credits. I've seen pilots make some insane credit by being able to play the game.

That said, right up until mid-September 2001 UPS wasn't the most highly desired job in the industry...and neither were SWA or FDX.

Compensating.

I'll be on the street in september so I feel the pain. Sad thing is the captain i flew with a couple days ago has been through 11 different carriers and he's only 49. Most of them are bankrupt or were absorbed through mergers.

It's a tough time and a plan b is required!

Good on ya! Rember prior to 911 only unsats went to the freight companies. If you think your pay isn't right smack in your companies crosshairs, well...
You guys rode the Major airlines up the payscale, and look where the majors now, beware! At any rate good on ya, enjoy it while it lasts!
PBR

Latest resources

Back