Finished With the Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And another on bites the dust!
Sorry to see you go Shy. I remember talking to you at length before about something before...buying a plane or something. My guess is you won't quit flying, just airline flying? Anyway, good luck!

I definitely won't quit flying... I'm going to the corporate side! I am genuinely sad to go. So many good people in 121, great pilots, fun flying, the games we'd play on other crewmembers... the pass privileges... Jumpseat privileges, wow, that's gonna hurt! I'll miss my gate agents in LGA, for sure. I'll even miss all the passengers who were good sports through the 1+ hour taxi out of LGA! Yes, I'm going to miss this job. The job I had from the time I buckled my seatbelt to the time I released it. But the job I had aside those times, I am more than happy to leave.

What a shame. What a blessing. What a relief.

Shy

I definitely won't quit flying... I'm going to the corporate side! I am genuinely sad to go. So many good people in 121, great pilots, fun flying, the games we'd play on other crewmembers... the pass privileges... Jumpseat privileges, wow, that's gonna hurt! I'll miss my gate agents in LGA, for sure. I'll even miss all the passengers who were good sports through the 1+ hour taxi out of LGA! Yes, I'm going to miss this job. The job I had from the time I buckled my seatbelt to the time I released it. But the job I had aside those times, I am more than happy to leave.

What a shame. What a blessing. What a relief.

Shy

You're gonna love the corporate stuff I think. I am loving life where I'm at, but then again I like the GA stuff better anyways. Clean FBOs with lots of light, free coffee, lounge chairs, etc beat the airline terminals any day. Oh, and don't forget that little thing you'll get...RESPECT!
And what's wrong with you guys jumping all over Brown, he's just showing that there is a light out there somewhere. Or is everyone just bitter because that SJS is wearing off?

Don't stand up for "Brown." Anyone that tells you their salary and how good they have it at a time like this is truely a wank.

The fitting thing about this guy is that if you saw him in that uniform he would look like exactly what he is...a six foot tall stack of sh*t

way to rub it in his face

Everyone else is slamming you for being happy, loving aviation, and saying you are rubbing it in peoples faces....the hell with that. You had to work to get there my friend. Good on you for loving what you do, making a living at it, and knowing that you have a good thing. Congrats!

The part the brown eye does not tell you about is flying all night somwhere over china barely able to keep his blood shot eyes open and having not seen his family for 2 weeks.. followed shortly by an NDB approach to some God forsaken communist territory where you have to driven to your hotel by armed gaurds in a bullet proof van

I wonder if this is the reason the only two UPS pilots I know/knew are in poor health. The one fellow passed away before he retired the other one just retired, but is doing really bad. It's too bad they are/were great guys. The money is not worth it. I'm gone for good.

Latest resources

Back