• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Finished With the Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPS pilots have pretty good work rules and high-credit international trips, especially on the MD and the "Z"...not including international override and other additional credits. I've seen pilots make some insane credit by being able to play the game.

That said, right up until mid-September 2001 UPS wasn't the most highly desired job in the industry...and neither were SWA or FDX.

Love the new avatar BoilerUP. Cult classic. (see sig)

UPS pilots have pretty good work rules and high-credit international trips, especially on the MD and the "Z"...not including international override and other additional credits. I've seen pilots make some insane credit by being able to play the game.

That said, right up until mid-September 2001 UPS wasn't the most highly desired job in the industry...and neither were SWA or FDX.

exactly!! things change in this industry in a hurry!

I'm not fed up with this $hit. My company is highly profitable and will be hiring shortly. I'm a 7yr F/O, I fly widebodies internationally and I make over $175,000 (NOT including per diem) flying just a few open trips a year.

Where do you work, and how do I get hired?

Dont be a Pu$$y....Hang in there.
???
Are you serious, man? What is there to hang in there for? The pay, benefits, and stability that don't exist?

I'm sorry...I get it now. You were joking! Well played, good sir! Well played...:beer:

I know what you are trying to say. You do have a good job. The problem is there are tons of people wanting a job like you have. Consider yourself fortunate to have landed it. I feel for these guys that are out on the street and hope things will turn around soon for all of us.

I think the broader point is that far too many pilots nowadays go to regionals, then go to majors, and are somehow surprised that their paychecks don't go up like they somehow expected.

US flying simply isn't what it used to be, nor is it ever likely to return. If high pay and lots of days off are what you want out of flying, you'll have to broaden your horizons beyond the major/regional-lift model.

The sooner, the better, IMHO.

Wow. You are awesome! Can I sit next to you at lunch?

Dipsh*t

I'm not fed up with this $hit. My company is highly profitable and will be hiring shortly. I'm a 7yr F/O, I fly widebodies internationally and I make over $175,000 (NOT including per diem) flying just a few open trips a year.

Latest resources

Back