• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck shy!!!
I have to say it though......
Mesa sucks!!!!!!!!
:uzi:

Don't go. There will be a pilot shortage in about 27 years. You won't want to miss that!!! :)

I'm not fed up with this $hit. My company is highly profitable and will be hiring shortly. I'm a 7yr F/O, I fly widebodies internationally and I make over $175,000 (NOT including per diem) flying just a few open trips a year.

It all looked horribly ugly right after 9/11/01 as well. Then over time, things got better. It looks horrible now as well, but it will get better. From what I have read, it was extremely bad during the early 90's as well.

Not really oil was a fraction of what it is now. I'd say it's not going to get better not with oil the way it is. For the better anyways.

I agree with you, Shy. I love my job and enjoy my company, and we are currently profitable, but I've already decided that if I ever do lose my job that I'm not coming back to this career again.

It's no longer worth the constant worry of layoffs, moving, and being at the mercy of other people's schedules.

I've already began training for a career I can do on the side which can fully support me if I ever lose my airline job; and I can make a lot of money doing it part time while I'm still employed. Having a plan B is always a good idea and I've finally found mine. Good luck to ya.

Latest resources

Back