• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's like you are using an argument only when it suits you. So do the SWAPA guys own the benefit of the great payraise? Do the AAI guys own the jets, and thus the captains seats? I think it would need to be a consistant argument one way or the other.

Is this the question you're referring to?

If it is, no one "owns" anything. In arbitration, it's a SENIORITY list integration. Not pay, not benefits, not my current quality of life. Nothing else. Except seniority.

Therefore, I expect a negotiated deal to leave much of the other things out of the equation and concentrate on what is fair IN TERMS OF SENIORITY at the end of the day. The bottom line is that none of us are going to agree on where that is. To attempt to find agreement on this forum on a topic so volatile is an exercise in futility. The best that can be obtained is "perspective" on where everyone else is coming from.

At the end of the day, many of us may not like what comes down the pipeline, one way or the other, but the only thing I have control of is my own attitude: how I treat my coworkers, how I treat our customers, and how I treat my family at the end of every trip. That's my work ethic.

YMMV

The reason pay matters to seniority is bc we all base our career choices on our best educated guess on pay, stability, bases, and type flying.-
Stop pretending it doesn't matter- that's a lie-

The reason pay matters to seniority is bc we all base our career choices on our best educated guess on pay, stability, bases, and type flying.-
Stop pretending it doesn't matter- that's a lie-

Stil haven't told us where you "did your time" and worked harder than most holding out for the dream job.

Stil haven't told us where you "did your time" and worked harder than most holding out for the dream job.

Three of the pilots I know at SWA came straight out of a J32 on their first interview. All of them are great people and utterly unremarkable.

"Worked harder" is a myth that makes people feel better when it takes them 5-10 years to get hired. It makes them feel special.

Better pay, better work rules, more days off, more base choices, better corporate culture, better QOL over all. Who gives a damn if you lose %32 seniority. SW isn't going anywhere and another merge is very unlikely. Hey Airtran guys; just enjoy your winning lotto ticket, and stop complaining. I forgot to add. If you can't live on 150k as an FO and getting 15-18 days off a month you should really reevaluate your life.

More bases to move to, you say? What if they have lived in ATL for years? The old lady's parents live there? Better QOL? On reserve forever? Can you guarantee NOT another merger? $150k a year is great until you can't sell your house, have 2 mortgages after you have to buy an extra home in Juarez, Mexico (across from the new crew base in El Paso, it's cheaper to live in Juarez these days) and then have to buy "friends" (bodyguards) just to get to work each day in ELP. That $150k is gone before you know it. Hasta la vista, baby!

OYS

Anybody figured out yet that both sides are being played by SWA?

The cheapest, easiest solution has been presented, convoluted beyond imagination.

Who really wins, who really pays for this deal in the end?

Mr. Smith will now come and assimilate me back into the matrix.

Anybody figured out yet that both sides are being played by SWA?

The cheapest, easiest solution has been presented, convoluted beyond imagination.

Who really wins, who really pays for this deal in the end?

Mr. Smith will now come and assimilate me back into the matrix.

Does this have anything to do with your casual enquiry regarding the status of Alaska poolies, and whether they have to re interview ?

:D

More bases to move to, you say? What if they have lived in ATL for years? The old lady's parents live there? Better QOL? On reserve forever? Can you guarantee NOT another merger? $150k a year is great until you can't sell your house, have 2 mortgages after you have to buy an extra home in Juarez, Mexico (across from the new crew base in El Paso, it's cheaper to live in Juarez these days) and then have to buy "friends" (bodyguards) just to get to work each day in ELP. That $150k is gone before you know it. Hasta la vista, baby!

OYS

Geez, WOULD YOU PLEASE BRING YOUR B-777 and B747-4 RATE UP TO OUR B-717 RATE, YOU'RE KILLING us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Latest resources

Back