• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If AAI pilots have concerns about never upgrading, so do many more SWA pilots, who actually have been on SWA property longer than most of your captains longevity a AAI. It is all nuts.

I know one fact...

The economy is tanking and I have an employer asking me if I want an extra
60 grrr. Now where did I put that calculator?????

Remember this, the 60 grrr pay raise is not guaranteed should the economy really tank. I know SWA has an excellent track record with it's pilots, but as always past results do not guarantee future performance! Seniority however is FOREVER!!!

So how would you feel if the economy tanks, paycuts happen or even furloughs (and don't think they can't!) Now how would that seniority position feel???

I love all the fear- guess what? Somebody somewhere will upgrade. But you guys act like a bunch of regional pilots who think you'll actually be happier when you upgrade. At least the youngsters have a need for PIC time- this mentality at the majors is just dumb.

Lear- there you go again- ALL of your FOs are going to get Air Tran captain money as an FO- so once again, your point is retarded by logic. Is steering the tiller that important to you guys?
I know you don't believe me, but I AM a moderate - guys are pissed here - they view- and I can't argue- that every trannie gets their upgrade when they get our pay. And we get nothing but paper seniority- unexercisable and even furloughed out of order-

Sounds like you're picking a side Lear.

This is really is a confusing ordeal.

The SWA pilots claim that they are bringing a huge pay raise for the AAI guys and that the only thing to offset the windfall is a bump in seniority.

The AAI guys counter that it isn't the SWAPA pilots that pay those rates, it's SWA the company and they are not taking anything from the SWAPA pilots. And furthermore, they are bringing all their own planes and they deserve to keep their captain seats because, afterall, they are bringing those planes with them and 50 or so orders.

So the logic falls me here. If the AAI pilots (and the Ambiguously Delta Duo) claim that it's SWA, not SWAPA, that is bringing the pay raise. Then, wouldn't logic say that it is AirTran the company and NOT the AAI pilots bringing the jets. Therefore, the AAI pilots have no right to the captains seats and should only hold whatever their seniority can hold.

It's like you are using an argument only when it suits you. So do the SWAPA guys own the benefit of the great payraise? Do the AAI guys own the jets, and thus the captains seats? I think it would need to be a consistant argument one way or the other.

The SWA pilots claim that they are bringing a huge pay raise for the AAI guys and that the only thing to offset the windfall is a bump in seniority.

The AAI guys counter that it isn't the SWAPA pilots that pay those rates, it's SWA the company and they are not taking anything from the SWAPA pilots. And furthermore, they are bringing all their own planes and they deserve to keep their captain seats because, afterall, they are bringing those planes with them and 50 or so orders.

So the logic falls me here. If the AAI pilots (and the Ambiguously Delta Duo) claim that it's SWA, not SWAPA, that is bringing the pay raise. Then, wouldn't logic say that it is AirTran the company and NOT the AAI pilots bringing the jets. Therefore, the AAI pilots have no right to the captains seats and should only hold whatever their seniority can hold.

It's like you are using an argument only when it suits you. So do the SWAPA guys own the benefit of the great payraise? Do the AAI guys own the jets, and thus the captains seats? I think it would need to be a consistant argument one way or the other.

It's much easier if you draw a Venn diagram.............

So how would you feel if the economy tanks, paycuts happen or even furloughs (and don't think they can't!) Now how would that seniority position feel???

or if your airline is bought, sold or goes out of business. Seniority = not so much. $$$$ pays bills and helps you start side business.

Lear, one of the reasons a week or so ago that you gave for the delay in MEC decision was to obtain protections from SWA on transfering jets, and not taking pilots along with those jets. Keeps SWA from taking jets without pilots or slow rolling the pilots.

In reading the AT LOA, I don't see any protection other than furlough protection. Do you see any protection preventing SWA from moving jets and taking fewer than flying those jets?

Well said, you can't have it both ways, if you say you bring the jets, we do then in fact bring the pay. I would argue, we bring the pay as it is OUR CBA, those jets? I don't see any AT pilots name on the titles.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back