• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, that's what many of us are worried about.

That we take this deal, take a HUGE hit on our seniority, takes about 12-15 years to upgrade, but during that time, Southwest merges with Alaska or Hawaiian (or even jetBlue), those airlines push this thing to arbitration, they get DoH (or even relative), and now we never upgrade.

Ever. Never. Career F/O's. And there's nothing in the agreement that guarantees Southwest could prevent that or be successful like this SIA with future mergers.

There's risks for us that aren't limited to just "non-integration" concerns. Not that they aren't also a risk for arbitration (they are), but the idea of that scenario above simply sucks. But at least we'll have one thing
SWA pilots after this. All of us will hope that Southwest never, ever, merges
with another airline ever again. ;)

I don't think you'd have to worry about merging with AK. Other airlines might have a bigger interest in keeping things status quo. I'm sure plenty are looking at AK as we type.

OYS

Last edited:
I love all the fear- guess what? Somebody somewhere will upgrade. But you guys act like a bunch of regional pilots who think you'll actually be happier when you upgrade. At least the youngsters have a need for PIC time- this mentality at the majors is just dumb.

Lear- there you go again- ALL of your FOs are going to get Air Tran captain money as an FO- so once again, your point is retarded by logic. Is steering the tiller that important to you guys?
I know you don't believe me, but I AM a moderate - guys are pissed here - they view- and I can't argue- that every trannie gets their upgrade when they get our pay. And we get nothing but paper seniority- unexercisable and even furloughed out of order-

Sounds like you're picking a side Lear.

Somebody will upgrade, but your retirement schedule is very slow for the next ten years, maybe 150 a year? That could mean stagnation. And what is this about junior SWA FOs upgrading before senior AT FOs? If that is true, that doesn't smell right.

OYS

Better pay, better work rules, more days off, more base choices, better corporate culture, better QOL over all. Who gives a damn if you lose %32 seniority. SW isn't going anywhere and another merge is very unlikely. Hey Airtran guys; just enjoy your winning lotto ticket, and stop complaining. I forgot to add. If you can't live on 150k as an FO and getting 15-18 days off a month you should really reevaluate your life.

Last edited:
Lear, one of the reasons a week or so ago that you gave for the delay in MEC decision was to obtain protections from SWA on transfering jets, and not taking pilots along with those jets. Keeps SWA from taking jets without pilots or slow rolling the pilots.

In reading the AT LOA, I don't see any protection other than furlough protection. Do you see any protection preventing SWA from moving jets and taking fewer than flying those jets?
That's exactly correct.

There is still NO minimum number of crews per aircraft that have to be transitioned with each aircraft that's taken across the "partition".

The Merger Committee failed to get that item. That and about 3 other items that were not obtained basically mean that, in many people's opinion, the SIA did not realize the promises promoted to our MEC and our pilot group in the AIP.

There's a very heated debate going on about that right now, both behind closed doors between the MEC members and online in our private forum. If I had to guess, I'd say the majority of the MEC doesn't have the cajones to vote it down, and it'll go to vote. Once it goes to vote, I think it's too close to call right now. Depends on how the road shows are received, IMHO.

:crying: ugh! will it ever end.

It will once Bloch produces the list

right.

Hey, those tranny red-eyes are real popular huh? Just checking the loads on swalife.com LAX-BWI.

SW isn't going anywhere and another merge is very unlikely.

You sir, are Fkin idiot.

Review history. I'd be laughing at you .... if my arse wasn't destined to be sitting 3 feet from yours.

I'm praying that you're actually a mongoloid sitting in a basement with a computer.

Edited: Oh thank god. He's a juice drinking wannabe. Praise little baby jesus.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back